Hard Rock Mining

This is a thread from Bill's forum where Paleface and I have been sharing experences. Please enjoy.

Paleface,

Even though we have never met, I feel I know you and the pain inside when you can no longer do that which you love. I miss underground work a lot. My partner Jeff and I have drilled alot of holes together, both by hand and by jackhammer. The rush one feels when you wet done the muck pile and hit it with the lites...... God what a rush!!!!! I'm going to attach a couple pictures for you. Check out the vein structure in both pictures. Just some background on the pictures.

First one is of Jeff inspecting our new winze at the 100 ft level, north drift.

Second one is a picture of my wife, standing on the left, Jeff's wife standing on the right and Jeff sitting down. This is the 100 foot level looking south. We had a Geologist from Tucson help us determine the mines profitability. His name was Jim Sharp of Draco Mines. Very good man. I sure hope this eases some of the pain, I know it does for me. Thanks

Bob

Dave,

I'm sorry that I couldn't get back to you early. I'm sending you some more pictures to kind of help out. The country rock is a very fine grained granite that is tough as nails, it makes a perfect hanging wall. Because of it stablity not much shoring was needed except to run wiring, air pipe and fresh air ducts. The foot wall was a felspar base that was loosely together and not very stable. Water was never a problem at the mine and drilling was excellent. Due to a devorce with one of our partners, the mine wound up in court. While we waited for the courts to make up their minds, vandals tore the head frame down, pulled all the piping out, removed the winch house and material from the 100 foot level at the winze and then proceeded to burn everything that would burn. Wish I had a better story to tell, but mining came be rough at times.

Bob

29 prospector what kind of ozpt where you geting out of your mine?

Jared,

We were getting 94 percent return on our cons. with out use cynide. The ore was totally free milling and separated at 80 mesh or more.

Dave,

No we did not catch the ones who did it. By the time this happened the BLM had gotten most of our funds thru court proceedings. Thats a whole new story.