"JOEY GOLD, JOEY GOLD ... TODAYS FINDS"

• Admin

Hello All,

Today Ohio, Leaverite and I hit a remote placer location North of Phoenix. The area required quads or a short wheel-based 4x4 vehicle. We arrived at the location around 5:30am and hunting up to around Noon. I hit several washes and found gold nuggets, but one small, overly vegetated wash produced the most for today.

I ended up with (9) nuggets and Leaverite found (2). Pictured on the Coiltek coil below my (9) nuggets are on the right side and Leaverite's (2) are on the left side of the coil. I'm not sure if Ohio picked up any nuggets today, he left one spot to try another and we lost contact with him. Hopefully he picked up a couple out there also.

Leaverite and I were using the Minelab GP3500's with Coiltek 10x5 Joey Mono Searchcoils. Ohio was using the GP3000 and also a Joey Mono. :D

There's more gold in the area, but it got hot quick and we decided to save the rest of the nuggets for another early morning hunt.

Pictured below are the nuggets we found today. The second picture are all my nuggets in my hand.

Hope everyone else got over a nugget or two today.

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Thanks for all the comments. I decided to take it easy today and stay home. Heading up to Prescott tomorrow, but not to nugget hunt. Probably do some quad riding with my girlfriend's family.

I did receive an update from Ohio yesterday. He went back to an old wash where he scored 4-5 nuggets in the past and found a nice rough, flat nugget with a hole right through the middle of it. I haven't seen the nugget yet, but Ohio said it was a nice piece.

Thought about heading back to that small wash, but it's to rough to access it with my vehicle and way to far to hike this time of year. The small wash has now produced about 30-35 nuggets ranging from a few grains to 4 Dwt's.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello John,

If I was going to walk into this spot I would probably have to walk about 2-miles. This is way to far right now if you have to carry prospecting equipment with the Summer heat. You can't pack enough water with you. The minute you start to dig you really start to sweat big time and there is very little air flow in these small washes.

With quads you can get within 300-400 yards of the spots, but you can't drive directly to the spot with any type of motorized vehicle. I guess this is the reason there was so much gold still left in this general area. :D

P.S. John, there has probably been over 500 nuggets taken from this immediate area. Almost all the drainages produced a nugget or two, some even a small handfuls of nuggets. :o

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Bigfoot,

Since the wash was pretty shallow to start with, I would say the deepest nugget was only 3-4 inches max. The deepest spots in this small wash might be a foot deep. I found the bigger ones at shallower depths than the smaller ones for some reason. I'm sure if I went back and raked out the wash more nuggets would pop out. Just too hot to hike in there and work like that now.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Dear Rob;

Nice nuggets my friend! That little Joey mono is absolutely DEADLY on small gold, isn't it? It seems to be every bit as sensitive to small gold as the ML 8" round mono is, plus it's epi design allows the operator to work it into tighter quarters than can the 8" round mono. There IS one thing that I've noticed in my coil shootouts when pitting the Joey mono against the ML 8" round mono. With the 8" mono, the signal strength of a buried target remains very consistant from all directions, however with the Joey mono, one direction always seems to produce a noticeably better return than the other direction(s). This is why I ALWAYS check every spot from at least 2 different directions, if at all possible when I am using the Joey mono coil.

Your friend;

LAMAR

• Admin

Hello Lamar,

It's almost impossible for me to get skunked with the Joey in the Bradshaw Mountain Range. I know it sounds shitty to say that, but I'm confident enough to know I can find gold just about anywhere with that little Joey Mono.

Ask Leaverite about my Joey Chant when I find a nugget with it, "Joey, Joey, Joey ..." :rolleyes: I think he's sick of hearing it now.

I've used both the Minelab 8-inch Mono and the Joey Mono and they both are deadly little coils. I prefer the Joey since it's elliptical in design and I can crevice easier with the "nose" of the coil. I have found hundreds of nuggets with both coils over the years.

P.S. Did we discuss the product holding charge for products that have been paid for, but are just being stored for the time being? LOL ... :P Just razzing you!

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Rob old boy your doing good. The gold looks pretty good too. I'm going out tomorrow to my 10 minute spot. I need to get more bed rock moved and find some more gold.

Two weeks and the weather should be liveable at our primary placer site. Man I can hardly wait. I'd go tomorrow, but no one wants to go yet. Won't go it alone. Just not worth it.

Bob

Cool Rob, now thats a way to get un-stressed. Very nice. Grubstake

Grub,

How are you feeling? Doing well I hope.

Bob

• Admin

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the comments. Most of the stuff is small, but yesterday the gold was very coarse. Leaverite and I went out today for a few hours just exploring and seeing how the water situation is. I found three real small gold nuggets and Leaverite found two.

You will need to get a Joey Mono when you get that SD2200. ;)

Rob Allison