So close to home

The last couple weeks I've been working on our second placer site which Doc found back in 05. I had alot going this week and was about to go crazy(more so than I am now). About 5pm I told my wife that I was going to the hills for an hour or so. She was good with that, she has been working on a wall mural for a doctor in town so she has been up to her elbows in paint.

Well I left my home stopped and got a bag of Ice for the water jug and was on site, unloaded and digging by 5:45pm. Moved some over burden and ran 4 2gal. buckets of material. What was nice was the fact tha I had shade the whole time. It was great. I'm slowly figuring out that macro thingly on the digital camera. The gold pices came out a little better.

Bob

Kamikaze,

The material is hard, but after working our other claim this one is a piece of cake. The bedrock is stairstepping downward. I just find a seam crack open with a Hermit Pick and scrape the calachi off the rock, throw the rock away and repeat the process. I stressed the Hermit Pick here for one reason, it works. It can get into the smallest of cracks and break things up. If it wasn't for the pick, I'd be using a small chisel and hammer. I hit a nice little seam last nite.

o'29

-----------------------------------------------------------

Gotgold,

What can one say except, get out here my man we got gold to get.

Bob

-----------------------------------------------------------

Wirechief,

Yesterday's trip started out with me just needen to get out. 2 hours later and look at what happens. Thanks for your continued prayers for safety. There is always a plate set for ya, just let us know.

Bob

Hay Bob;

Nice looking stuff,..............My little Vac Pack would just "suck-those-cracks and craggs dry" for ya and save you alot of scraping and whisk-brooming ! ! When I was using it down at Greaterville (doing what you are doing now) I would get all that I could get (small rocks, pebbles, sand,etc.) with small and medium spoons (my wife's old ones ofcourse), and then use my Vac Pack to suck-up the rest,.........then I would use a strong wire brush to scrape the exposed bedrock surfaces, and then suck up the remaining. Using the Vac Pack leaves the remaining surfaces as clean-n-smooth as a baby's butt.

What are you using to process the rough / mix of material that you are pulling out ? ? Or are you just panning it ? ? ?

If this photo comes out ? ?... this is some of the gold that I actually visually say, and "hand-picked" right out of a newly discovered stream last week. The stuff on the coin, and the three nuggets on the upper-left (outside of the coin) I picked right out of the stream bed.

Gary

post-803-1157823317_thumb.jpg

Hay Bob;

Nice looking stuff,..............My little Vac Pack would just "suck-those-cracks and craggs dry" for ya and save you alot of scraping and whisk-brooming ! ! When I was using it down at Greaterville (doing what you are doing now) I would get all that I could get (small rocks, pebbles, sand,etc.) with small and medium spoons (my wife's old ones ofcourse), and then use my Vac Pack to suck-up the rest,.........then I would use a strong wire brush to scrape the exposed bedrock surfaces, and then suck up the remaining. Using the Vac Pack leaves the remaining surfaces as clean-n-smooth as a baby's butt.

What are you using to process the rough / mix of material that you are pulling out ? ? Or are you just panning it ? ? ?

If this photo comes out ? ?... this is some of the gold that I actually visually say, and "hand-picked" right out of a newly discovered stream last week. The stuff on the coin, and the three nuggets on the upper-left (outside of the coin) I picked right out of the stream bed.

Gary

Gary,

Thats some good looking gold too. I wish I had a pak/vac, but at point in time my budget is a bit silm. Now if I could add that silm to my body life would be good. I'll PM you to night. Maybe we can work something out.

Bob