SHORT SUNDAY'S HUNT

• Admin

Hello All,

Leaverite and I got out for a few hours today to check out some areas and decided to check an old stacked wash. Within a few hours both Leaverite and I had a couple nuggets. Leaverite found (2) gold nuggets and I found (3) small ones.

We both were using the Minelab GP3500's and the Coiltek Joey Mono Searchcoils.

Check out the picture below,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

The (2) nuggets that Leaverite found are about 1/2 Dwt apiece. However, the ones I found are true dinkers! :lol: The smallest one I must have pushed it around on the bedrock for about 5 minutes before I got the little bugger in my scoop. :wacko:

Any guesses on what the smallest one weighs? The Coiltek Joey is amazing on small nuggets and also gets much better depth than most would expect.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Dan,

You won't be disappointed with the Joey Mono. As you can see by the other forum members, the Joey does amazing on small gold, but it also gets good depth for such a small coil. I have found 1/4 ouncers at 10-12 inches no problem. If you're listening to the faintest signals you will even get better depth.

Will keep any eye out for an email or phone call from you. Always have the Joey DD and Mono coils in stock. :D

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob that is the kind of gold i am finding with my vlf,I will post a picture of how small some of the nuggets are i found last saturday,As for weight i would say 1 or 2 granes maybe.Nice gold and thanks for the pics. :)

• Admin

Hello Glen,

What model of VLF detector are you using? The Minelab GP3500 and the Coiltek Joey can find them down to just under a grain if you're paying close attention. The hardest part is pinpointing those tiny nuggets. :blink:

Would like to see your finds.

Rob Allison

My first nugget that I found was a 1.5 grain nugget at about 4 inches deep and I found it with a GP3000 and Joey Coil. The signal was a sweet mellow sound! The Joey is a real keeper!

Good luck Dan!

regards

Karl

Howdy Rob and All;

"Here's a plug-for-ya Rob:" .........If I ever "just-had" to choose and just keep one coil and get rid of all the other ones that I have,.....I would definitely keep the little Joey Mono !!!!!!!!!!!!! And if I am ever approached out in the field by anyone who even hints-at taking my little Joey, I'll guarantee-ya it will be a fight to the death. That's just how good that little coil is. It gives you confidence in knowing that if it doesn't give you a signal where you are searching, either the gold is just too deep and burried under alot of overburden, or"It-Just-isn't-there!" I have found nuggets down as deep as 14" down, even in hard-packed-clay with it, as well as those wedged between bedrock that are no bigger than this: * :o Of course those minute-ones really give you a challenge and confuse you, because you spend (or atleast I do) alot of time chasing them around in the sand and sediment because you can just barley see them. But when you do finally "eye-them" your'e just amazed at what that little-dude will do......

All of these where "captured" by my little Joey,............. B);) ..........Gary

post-803-1158099021_thumb.jpg

post-803-1158099071_thumb.jpg

post-803-1158099135_thumb.jpg

post-803-1158099185_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hello Gary,

Well I think Leaverite is finally convinced it will keep him from a skunk! When it doubt, the Joey Mono always seems to find at least a small nugget. I'm just amazed how sensitive the coil really is, almost picking up sub-grain nuggets near the surface. However, pinpointing those little guys can take some time. It's easy to bury them, they expose them, bury them, expose them ... :rolleyes:

Congrats on the recent nuggets you're finding. I don't want to hunt behind you anymore, you're too good with the Joey Mono! ;)

You know anyone wanting a Joey, I always have them in stock. They are one of the hottest selling coils behind the Wallaby Series & the Coiltek 14-inch Mono.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hello Gary,

Well I think Leaverite is finally convinced it will keep him from a skunk! When it doubt, the Joey Mono always seems to find at least a small nugget. I'm just amazed how sensitive the coil really is, almost picking up sub-grain nuggets near the surface. However, pinpointing those little guys can take some time. It's easy to bury them, they expose them, bury them, expose them ... :rolleyes:

Congrats on the recent nuggets you're finding. I don't want to hunt behind you anymore, you're too good with the Joey Mono! ;)

You know anyone wanting a Joey, I always have them in stock. They are one of the hottest selling coils behind the Wallaby Series & the Coiltek 14-inch Mono.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Howdy Rob;

Congrats on the recent nuggets you're finding. I don't want to hunt behind you anymore, you're too good with the Joey Mono! ;) ................................................................................

......................................................................."Ah-Come-on-Rob", ...I'll show you and Levorite one of my spots up here in the Prescott area if you'll share one of your 7-nugget-per-day spots that you've been hitting down there in the heat. That way it will give us both a test to just see what each other "may-have-been-missing"?????..... :blink: ...I'm pretty thorough,........how about you??.............. ;) ............Gary

Rob,

I'm using a Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq. Here are some of the nuggets I have found in the last 2 weeks. Some of them are 1/2 grain in size. One of the three small ones, I chased around in the bedrock awhile. All the nuggets together in the picture weigh less than a gram.

post-1263-1158117574_thumb.jpg

Rob:

I have a joey mono - its a nice coil. However, I found that bigger nuggets are easier to pinpoint. I collected these two on Saturday. The larger one is 7 dwt, the smaller one is just shy of one dwt. I used a wallaby mono - think of it as a giant joey. Both were only around 4 inches deep.

Chris

post-9-1158123703_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Glen - Nice batch of nuggets you found there. Are they from Arizona? A friend used the Tesoro Lobo ST for years and loved it. Keep up the good nugget hunting. Would like to hear more stories about your ventures the next time you get out.

Reno Chris - Rub it in, Rub it in ... LOL :P Those are definately nice nuggets, especially the 1/3 ouncer! :blink: Those are the ones that keep you really excited. Good to hear you got the skunk off you. I would rather be hitting Dwt plus piece than these dinky's I'm finding over here right now. Thanks for sharing your finds.

Gary - Sounds like a plan to share spots. I have hundreds of spots down lower that you probably don't know about. Lets get together some weekend and see what we can turn up.

Take care,

Rob Allison