It never fails

Well since the weather is remaining good, I figured It would be a good day for mining. Bob oh boy was I wrong. Allowing me the time to rant so as not to go to bed tonite pissed off.

1 :angry: I decided to try a new way into Doc's new mine by driving up the wash, I mean why not 2 marines in a ford p/u did it the other day. Well I did really good till I got to a place where the bolder wouldn't move and the mesquite tree wasn't moving either. Got my big digging bay out and went to China on that boulder with no secuess. Now a sane man would turn around and go the regular way. I get out the pruning shears and go to town on the mesquite. Well it got a hair cut and I have scratches all over me. But hey, I got around and proceedto the mine.

2 :angry: I gets my truck parked so that I can easly get stuff out. Out come the drywasher and I set it up and you guessed it......NO BATTERY...... not to be alarmed I have the crank handle and belt in the mining box. It was about this time that I noticed that my water jug and panning water took a hike.

3 :lol: Well I start to work on cleaning up the bottom from the other day. broke out some more cracks and separated the dirt. Well I had enough material to run 3 buckets. :lol:

I had enough water in the 5 gal panning bucket to pan with so I ran the material panned it and got 1 small piece of copper or at least thats what I think it is.

I loaded up came home had a cold beer and called it a day.

Bob

I loaded up came home had a cold beer and called it a day.
Aaahh hell Bob.......That cold one 'after' you got home was the best part of the day!

Maybe you should have had one while moving or trying to move the rock and another after pruning the 'bushes'!!! :lol::P

And just think, you could have had a few more after realizing you forgot the battery and noticed that some of your other gear 'walked away' ;):P

I digress.......... :blink:

The best to ya :D

Gary

.......lol........its great to hear the truth Bob....theres only a few of us that have the guts to say it like it is...good & bad!In fact.....there ought to be a seperate thread for such days...wouldnt want the newbies to think all there is to prospecting is to be gotten by ONE swoosh/swing of the coil followed by frantic joy dances and over flowing gold pokes!!!LOL!!!(sounds like a advertise for MD manufacturers).

Theres a new med out on the market called "screw-it-tol".........When things get bad just take a handfull of screwitol and watch that boulder & bush melt away!Before you know it.......you'll forget why ya came out there to begin with!lol!

Take care buddy!

Bigfoot

Man when I woke up this morning and my feet hit the floor, I said to myself that its going to be a good day. Well like all good things and ideas they have so far gone to hell in a hand basket. I went to make a pot of coffee, you guessed it.......NO COFFEE!

Shep,

Your so right, anything beats watching Oprah!!!

-----------------------------------------------------

Bob T,

My friend what can be said, a picture beats a 1000 words. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------

Gary,

Well sir I must tell the truth. The first beer was excellent and the other 5 were just as good.

------------------------------------------------------

Dave,

I think if you or I had a nickel for every bag thats broken open or have a small hole turn into the Grand Canyon, we would rich.

------------------------------------------------------

Bigfoot,

Its amazing how things come together. This mining job is not all fun and games. Somedays you just want to shoot someone. I just glad I can walk away from it and forget about it. Sometimes people don't understand how hard it is. Thats why you can find mining equipment on E-Bay.

Thanks to all of you for understanding............................. O'29 in 29

may be a drag and a wasted effort, but really makes you appreciate the days when everything goes right, and body functions allow you to work a bit without pain and fatigue.

On thursday, painting a long fence with a sprayer in the back of my trcuk, drug the spray hose while I pulled up, that during the last 10 feet, caught on a bolt and jerked the sprayer and 5 gallons of brown paint right out of the bed of the truck out into the travel lane on a busy street. Had to keep an eye out for vegas drivers out of control (almost all of them) while cleaning up the mess. maybe bad luck and fate is telepathic.

may be a drag and a wasted effort, but really makes you appreciate the days when everything goes right, and body functions allow you to work a bit without pain and fatigue.

On thursday, painting a long fence with a sprayer in the back of my trcuk, drug the spray hose while I pulled up, that during the last 10 feet, caught on a bolt and jerked the sprayer and 5 gallons of brown paint right out of the bed of the truck out into the travel lane on a busy street. Had to keep an eye out for vegas drivers out of control (almost all of them) while cleaning up the mess. maybe bad luck and fate is telepathic.

You know when I was hard rock mining I use to be able to things on the little people that hide in the cracks and behind stales. but now I'm on the service......don't know who to blame? I wonder if they followed me out of the hole one day and never went back? Man I don't, maybe Paleface can answer that one for me.

Bpb