Where do you prospect?

• Admin

Hello MDavids,

I would first like to say, Welcome to the Nuggethunting.com Forums! :D

As for where to prospect, here in Arizona there are hundreds if not thousands of spots. I like to roam around different spots. I will spend a few weeks or even a month (on the weekends) hitting the same general area prospecting, but then will get bored of that spot and try others. During the winter season I like to hit the spots that are too hot to hunt during the summers months. During the summer months I normally hit the close spots, but sometimes will venture into the higher country for cooler temps.

Where are you located?

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

I like to go where I find a bit of gold, cell phone and pager don't work and watch out for Grubstake. I know it's a bear, but somebody's got to do it! I was going to buy him a steak dinner w/ all the fix'ns Saturday (Clamper initiation), but no, he wants to watch me find gold, so that's what we're doing. ;)

HI SHEP & GRUBSTAKE,

YOU GUYS MAKE ME JEALOUS. WON'T BE LONG TILL I'LL BE HEADING SOUTH.

AT LEAST I JUST RETURNED FROM A SUCESSFUL DEER HUNT!!!

JAC

PS HEY SHEP, BEEN WANTING A BACKUP FOR MY 3000 SO I FOUND A LOBO SUPER TRAC AT THE LOCAL PAWN SHOP FOR $75.00, SENT IT TO TESORO AND GOT IT BACK LIKE NEW AT NO CHARGE.

Hi MDavids,

I prospect in many different areas within a 150 mile radius of my home. I'm always looking for that spot that has been missed.

As for mining, I mine on 2 different claims that I own in partnership with 7 others. The purpose of the mine is dry placer.

Gave up hard mining in 1999 after a back injury. I do miss going underground.

O'29 in 29 B)