Do ya think your little spot is cleaned-out ? ?

Boy,...just when you think you've gotten all there is to get out of a little spot, and something like this pops out of mother earth to brighten-up your day. What a beautiful day last Saturday was,...one curious hummingbird,...no rattle snakes, and my first nugget that is pushing a 1/3-of-an ounce. It weighed-out at 9.8 grams......My little Joey strikes again,..almost ripped my ears off with the racket,....I'm sure glad I dug it ............ B) ...........Gary

post-803-1160448011_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hey Gary,

Way to go Master Nugget Hunter! :D Everywhere you found a nugget you should log down either in your mind, or in a logbook of some type. When technology (detectors/coils) and the area changes (weather, water, errosion) you can go back and find more nuggets in that spot. I have hundreds of spots I check every so often when a new coil/detector comes out and after good winter & monsoon rains.

Looks like you're finding more nuggets than some of these well known nugget hunters. ;)

Congrats,

Rob Allison

Howdy Rob;

I have found atleast 17 nuggets from this spot and have the locations all logged. I created my own drawing and know where each nugget (weight-wise) was found in relation to the flow of the stream , the banks, exposed bedrock, and nature of the slope. I have also started doing this with some other spots as well, so that when mother nature's "monsoon-ism" does her thing I will have a base-point to compare changes to............Gary

• Admin

Hello Bigfoot,

I must say I can remember when Gary was on the forums and trying to find his first nugget. I'm not sure how many nuggets ago that was now, cause Gary is off to a great start! I know he must have a good collection of smaller Bradshaw nuggets and now a 1/3 ouncer! ;) Some guys really pick it up fast, while others seem to slowly struggle, but end up catching up.

Since you're in California, it's probably easier for Gary to pass the information onto me. :P Just razzing you both, great to know you're both here on the forums contributing.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Gary !

You can take me to your spot blindfolded! And I won't log the location with my GPS! wink! wink!

Since my wife is directionally deficit she can go unblindfolded! We use markers when she leaves the house!

No dear wife you press that touch pad to set the way point location! I'll name the location later! ROFL

Good going Gary!

Regards

Karl