Hard Work is good for the sole?

Well the day that I have put off finally came and I had to break out the jack hammer. When Ron finished digging the hole, Doc jumped right in where we had been working because Ron had broken up all the hard pack with the backhoe.

This left me an area apox. 30 feet long and 6-8 foot wide. After hoeing, swiping and removing rocks I reach the bottom. Hard paked clay,calechi and decomposed granite. Oh, ya I forgot, the rocks.

Now I have a small jack hammer and my blade width is only 2 inches. and the bit is 24 inches long. I spent most of the day digging thru the bottom material so that we can get a feel for which way the flow went at one time. Now after I finished, I had time for 4 buckets. I run the four buckets of material taken from all around the work area. Ran it thru the drywasher, panned it and all I GOT WAS IRON. Well I do have all that loose material to run next trip. Well folks, that next trip may be a few days out. Haven't been on a jack hammer for over a year and this morning I an't moving real well and thats hard cause I don't move all that well anyway. :lol::lol:

Bob B)

funny don,t know where the first post went .Bob hard work is good for the soul It is hell on your back/knees/shoulders/elbows

Well the day that I have put off finally came and I had to break out the jack hammer. When Ron finished digging the hole, Doc jumped right in where we had been working because Ron had broken up all the hard pack with the backhoe.

This left me an area apox. 30 feet long and 6-8 foot wide. After hoeing, swiping and removing rocks I reach the bottom. Hard paked clay,calechi and decomposed granite. Oh, ya I forgot, the rocks.

Now I have a small jack hammer and my blade width is only 2 inches. and the bit is 24 inches long. I spent most of the day digging thru the bottom material so that we can get a feel for which way the flow went at one time. Now after I finished, I had time for 4 buckets. I run the four buckets of material taken from all around the work area. Ran it thru the drywasher, panned it and all I GOT WAS IRON. Well I do have all that loose material to run next trip. Well folks, that next trip may be a few days out. Haven't been on a jack hammer for over a year and this morning I an't moving real well and thats hard cause I don't move all that well anyway. :lol::lol:

Bob B)

Your partner is { like a fart in a gail of wind}.He seem,s to be trying to find the sweet spot.Id figured that your detector would have found some nice pickers in all that trenching by now.Good luck D

Denny,

No comment due to community bottle problems. The floor and walls were all GB2'd.

Bob