TODAY'S HUNT AT RICH HILL

• Admin

Hello All,

Leaverite and I headed out to Rich Hill today to do some more hunting on the 24K Gold Hunters Claims. There was a bunch of hunters on the claims today and several gold nuggets were found. Glenn and Ralph both found nuggets in push 5 this morning. Both of the nuggets were around 1/2 Dwt apiece.

I spent the majority of the time talking with club members and some new customers. The second part of the day Leaverite and I decided to give it one more attempt to find a nugget. After several hours of roaming around the hill and just before I decided to quit I hit a nice mellow signal on the slope of a hill. After scratching several inches of material off I uncovered a "V" shaped crevice in the Granite bedrock. Low and behold, deep in the crevice was a slug type nugget that weighed 3 Dwt's. :P

I was using the Minelab GP3500 and Coiltek 14-inch Round Mono Searchcoil.

Take a gander at the pictures below. I just about stepped on the Rattlesnake in picture one. :(

Take care,

Rob Allison

Nice going Rob,

Those 'V's are where I get most of my gold too through the old creek!

That rattler would have made you jump!

I came up on a Brown snake last week while my head was down searching... I was about 2-3metres away from it when I noticed... lucky for me he was slithering away from me... He was about 1.5metres long and the Browns are extremely deadly...Like the rattler I spose!

Let us know when you have had a chance to swing the new detector. I will also ask Doc.

Take care

Sniper

Nice nugget, Rob...Those slugs are nice because they're so dense, just like the one Jim found....I hunted that same area above the push for about 4 hrs. Friday and only got a few targets...Those pink buzztails are hard to see sometimes up there...I was thrashing through the brush up there telling myself they'd all gone nightnight for the winter....Course, I've seen 'em up there in late December, gulp......Way to go....Cheers, Ron

• Admin

Hello Bugler,

I met so many people lately at Rich Hill. What is your name, or should I call you Bugler? :D I don't have a physical storefront. I'm an Internet/Mail Order dealer, but have everything in stock at all times. Your friend is more than welcome to call me anytime or stop by if he wants to see some in particular. I have a lot of products that aren't even listed on the website yet.

Is he interested in a detector or accessories? I can also mail him some information if needed.

Tell him to call me at (623) 362-1459 after like 4pm M-F or call my cell during the day at (602) 909-9008. This are hectic right now with the new GPX out, but I guess that is good! :)

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Uncle Ron,

I just about stepped on that Rattlesnake. I was climbing up a small, rocky ravine and finally hit a flat spot on top. I stepped over the cactus and just got the glimpse of something next to my left foot. YIKES!!!! I actually jumped about 2-3 foot away and looked back and seen the Rattler.

Yep, you're right about the density of the nuggets. A nugget that looks like a 2 Dwter can weight up to twice what you think at Rich Hill. I've pretty much figured out the weights since I found a good batch of them over the years, but it funny to see others guess the weights trying to compare the typical Bradshaw gold to them.

Are you going to be out there Saturday? Push 2 might show some potential, but I'm sure it's going to be loaded with Minelab PI's. :(

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Glenn and Ralph both found nuggets in push 5 this morning. Both of the nuggets were around 1/2 Dwt apiece.

I thought that Glen just left stuff less than half an ounce in the ground. You know, kind of like fishing - toss it back - its not big enough to keep. :lol:

Rob, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the GPX 4000 once you have had a chance to run one for a while.

Chris

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Reno Chris - Unfortunately here in Arizona we don't have 1+ ounce nugget just laying around in the tailing piles for easy pickings! :( Hunting Alaskan tailing piles can spoil a nugget hunter, then they have to wake up and realize their back in the lower 48. :P I'm real excited about this new GPX-4000. I think with all the options you have to choose from it will make it a better nugget hunter than the previous GP detectors. Only time will tell, but have to think positive and give it some time to prove out. Once I get familar with the detector I have several places strickly for testing purposes that I haven't shown a sole. :o

Flak - Funny, when I seen the Rattler it was towards the end of the day and I was a bit tired. My reaction speed was down, but it sure got my attention when I almost stepped right on of it! :huh: Funny, the Rattler didn't even buzz, even when I touched him with the coil he wanted nothing to do with me. His eyes were very "grayish," so I'm not sure if he was beginning to shed or what. Kind of strange ....

Cop614 - Nope! If it's all possible I will not harm them. They are just doing their job, minding their own business. I just happened to cross his turf! :unsure: When are you going to get your nugget?

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob

Nice nugget ;) I haven't had a chance to get back to the claims, been busy hunting space rocks and getting fire wood. Thinking I may get down there again in a couple of weeks. Maybe I will catch you guys there. I also leave the buzztails be when I run across them. Don't want to loose my snake carma by killing one. I have run into a lot of them over the years and haven't been struck at or bitten yet. They seem to leave me alone as well. See ya in the nugget patches :)