tutorial please

Hi Reno, Treetop here. I lurk a lot and post a little on several of the forums that you also use , and you often point people to the lr2000 site from the BLM.

Some time when you have the time could you please post up a tutorial that would help some of us computer challange guys to learn how to use the 2000. Thanks in advance Treetop

Hmmm....

First thing is to figure out the locations you are interested in.

Then use topographic or other maps to determine the section, township, and range of the location you are interested in.

Use BLM or Forrest Service maps (as applicable) to determine if the land is government owned or private.

LR2000 is a lot easier to use than it used to be.

The BLM has their own tutorial on how to use it. You can go through the tutorial yourself at:

http://www.blm.gov/lr2000/lr2000pubrpts/LR...ial_for_Web.pdf

You want to run a "Public MC Geo Report"

MC means mining Claim, Geo mans you are selecting the area geographically.

Rather than me going through and trying to write a 50 page book on how to use the LR2000 system, why dont you:

1. Go get the section, township, and range of the location you are interested in,

2. Go through the LR2000 tutorial.

3. then go onto LR2000 and try to run a Public Geo Report.

If you have problems then let us know and I'll do my best to help you through that specific problem point, rather than try to write a book of all the things that could possibly go wrong.

Chris

Thanks chris, I looked up the lr2000 page you posted and it looks a lot different than the one I tried to use several years ago. I never could find a tutorial on the old one.

I'll print out the one on the current site and work my way through.

I'm still trying to finish up my farm work for the year and then I can have some time this winter to check things out.

Thanks again for your willingness to help. later, Treetop

Give it a try and if you get stuck on any point, take a couple notes than then post it and I'll do my best to get you past that point and onward.

If you do it right, you should be able to end up with a savable PDF file that has all the claims in that township.

We all agree, the web based LR2000 is better - the brio plug in based old system was frought with many more potential difficulties.

Good Luck!

Chris