CUSTOMER & GOOD FRIEND SCORES 1+ OUNCER

• Admin

Hello All,

Some of you might already know, but my good friend Larry Crook from Colorado just arrived at the LDMA camp a week or so ago and found a very nice nugget today. He was only his 6th hole dug of the day and ended up being a 39 Gram solid nugget!!! :o Larry was using a Minelab GP3500 that he purchased from me about 2 months ago and a NF 14-inch elliptical searchcoil. Larry said the target was very clear and was down approx. 8 inches underneath a dead cactus.

He was so excited that he said he couldn't even yell over at Jerry (Pondmn) when he found it. I will let Larry tell where he found it, but it was on a club claim. :P

Congrats Larry!

Rob Allison

Congrats to Larry. The magic of Rich Hill is still alive. Despite it being one of the hardest pounded patches in the WORLD , they still keep popping up. I can't think of a year since the advent of the gold detector when multi ounce pieces haven't turned up, many pushing or exceeding the one pound mark. If you have a dream , it can happen at "the Hill".-----Bob

Hi Rbo, Jim, and Bob, Thanks for the "Congrats". I couldn't have been more surprised when I felt the weight (1.25 Troy ounces} of that find. I would like to take credit, but as we all know, we can only apply what we know, but still have to get the coil over the gold. I guess the lesson that was reinforced to me was "DIG EVERY TARGET", as I was sure this was going to be a trash target, it screamed so loud. It was found on the Weaver Claims, about 8 inches down, and below about three inches of rock. The site was located on the downhill side of a large boulder, under some dead cactus. Sorry Rob, I cleaned it last night. Sure PURTY!!! Can't wait to get with you guys in the goldfields this year. :D Cheers, Larry

• Admin

Hello Larry,

Well it couldn't have happened to a better person. We both know why you found that nugget, it was meant to be from the "Creator Upstairs." Heck, it might have been a sign that your Father is thinking about you and wanted to let you he's safe and wishing you a great season at Stanton. ;)

When you told me about how you customized your quad for your Father, it really hit me in the heart. I had to really hold that tear back my friend. You're a great person and I hope we can spend some time hunting down some gold this season.

Lets keep in touch,

Rob Allison