finders super fix

Brought a gp3500 Aug 05 used it for one year found nothing.Attached Finders super fix first 2.5 gram nugget in less than one hour followed by another 6 grams in the following hours in 4 more pieces. This is the bee's knees in silencing this detector in minerilized ground.They sold me . As for the gpx4000 I just hope the super fix can attach to that as well. Next trip hope to do even better, as the last time was my practice run. Finders is on a winner....

Brought a gp3500 Aug 05 used it for one year found nothing.Attached Finders super fix first 2.5 gram nugget in less than one hour followed by another 6 grams in the following hours in 4 more pieces. This is the bee's knees in silencing this detector in minerilized ground.They sold me . As for the gpx4000 I just hope the super fix can attach to that as well. Next trip hope to do even better, as the last time was my practice run. Finders is on a winner....

hi just wondering what coil your working with? Wormslayer.

• Admin

Hello arahi666,

Over the years Ken Roberts of Finders and I have had some heated debates. There has been a lot of talk about the "Super Fix," some good and bad. Like all products, someone will hate it, while others love it to death. Personally, no one that I know uses it here in the US due to our soil types vs. Australia. There are places where it's pretty nasty, but for the most part the mineralization is moderate at worst.

Good to hear the "Super Fix" worked well for you. However, hard to believe you couldn't find a single nugget with the GP3500 over there. The GP3500 is an animal of a detector and I'm pretty confident I can find a nugget with it anywhere gold is hiding within detector range.

Take care,

Rob Allison

The SuperFix is also 923 USD before shipping.

But their website touts that it can reduce/eliminate electrical interference.

Would be interesting to see how it would work in the US with all the interfrenece we have here as opposed to Australia.

Does anyone here in the US have one and if so how does it perform?

As to the GPX4000. I suspect that there might be a compatibility issue. The signals coming out of the GPX might not be the same as what is coming out of the SD/GP series. Or some tuning would be needed.

But that in itself is a seat of the pants wild guess! lol

Regards

Karl

Dear group;

I feel that what the SuperFix does for the SD and GP series detectors, Minelab has done with the GPX 4000. Ken Roberts was able to design an audio system that more throughly separates targets from the background clutter and from all reports thus far, it appears that ML has followed suit and incorporated this into the GPX4K. If the SuperFix is in full production I may order one just for grins and have it sent to Rob Allison for field testing then he can forward it on to me after he is finished playing with it.

Your friend;

LAMAR

A heck of a lot of us down here in roo-ville would really like you to do that Lamar, amingo. :lol:

That sure would put a lot of debates to rest. . . it's such a lot of $bucks$ down here. . . especially with the release of a new toy by ML.

your friend

lemons

hi just wondering what coil your working with? Wormslayer.

Gidday chief. I was using a 24 inch dd coiltek, and a 14 inch coiltek, the signals were found in minelab mode on the superfix very faint and confirmed when switching back to super fix mode, which was still on the limit of phasing out but clear enough to hear alot easier than minelab mode. relieve at last I was just about to wrap the detector around a tree..thanks.. :

Gidday chief. I was using a 24 inch dd coiltek, and a 14 inch coiltek, the signals were found in minelab mode on the superfix very faint and confirmed when switching back to super fix mode, which was still on the limit of phasing out but clear enough to hear alot easier than minelab mode. relieve at last I was just about to wrap the detector around a tree..thanks.. :

Thanks for the reply. haven't gone over 16" coil yet good to see you getting gold. cheers Wormslayer

Hello arahi666,

Over the years Ken Roberts of Finders and I have had some heated debates. There has been a lot of talk about the "Super Fix," some good and bad. Like all products, someone will hate it, while others love it to death. Personally, no one that I know uses it here in the US due to our soil types vs. Australia. There are places where it's pretty nasty, but for the most part the mineralization is moderate at worst.

Good to hear the "Super Fix" worked well for you. However, hard to believe you couldn't find a single nugget with the GP3500 over there. The GP3500 is an animal of a detector and I'm pretty confident I can find a nugget with it anywhere gold is hiding within detector range.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Sir Rob, Detecting around Wedderburn in Victoria's golden triangle ,its so hard to keep the 3500's threshold stable, you can have ground noise changing every square metre (or interference electrical or atmospheric) so you are in a constant state of should I dig that sound or not .Super fix actually runs so stable its like another detector altogether, threshold is so smooth you can instantly tell the difference and it is extreme. And no I am not a salesman or have anything to do with finders, I am just someone who was about to give it away in Aust dollars $10,000 is alot of money tied up in a hobby . I was starting to wonder if it was just a scam and the only ones getting rich are the manufactures. So in one last ditch attempt $1200 Aussie dollars has certainly changed my mind , even with my rather insignificant finds. Thanks for your input....