Ask Jimmy Sierra: Have you tried a Minelab?

• Admin

Hello Jimmy,

Since you're answering questions, just curious if you have tried any of the Minelab detectors before? It sounds like you're partial to the White's MXT. I've personally spent some time with the unit in Alaska nugget hunting and even found several ounces of gold. However, out here in the West (most Arizona) I really struggled with it. This is the main reason I dropped selling White's and Fisher since they really struggled on the mineralization.

Has White's ever considered making a Pulse Induction detector for nugget hunting?

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Dear Rob;

Somehow I have the feeling that Mr. Jimmy Sierra is not going to reply to your question. I feel that he is copying and pasting questions and answers from his own forum and posting them on here in a vain effort to generate interest in the Whites' detectors. Granted, I feel that a good VLF detector can hold it's own in certain soil conditions, but a detectorist armed solely with a VLF detector will need to seriously seek out that moderately mineralized terrain in which to bring to the fore all of the advantages the VLF detectors offer.

Your friend;

LAMAR

Lamar... good point. I asked "Jimmy" in an earlier post (yesterday)

about his England trip. Notice no answer.

I have known Jimmy Sierra (Jimmy "Sierra" Normandi) for many

years. Somehow I feel that it is not the "Jimmy Sierra" that we think

he is. It's gotta be someone else... or old posts from years ago.

Question: how and why???

Jimmy is far too busy with his vast interests to tie himself down to

answering questions such as have been posted in the earlier posts

on this forum.

Also, it has never been jimmy's style to "push" on another forum.

He is so busy it is all he can do answer his business correspondance.

I would hate to find out that what you say about Jimmy Sierra is true. He has always emailed me back usually the same day when I email him on his site. He has been an idol of mine and I would love to meet him in person. I wonder though if this person on this site is really Jimmy. But Jimmy is Whites spokesperson and sells Whites exclusively so Whites is going to be his choice of detectors. I just bought a GPX 4000 from Rob Allison but I have a Whites GMT and DFX. They are great detectors but I dont think they would find more gold or go as deep as the 3500 or 4000. HOWEVER with the great Jimmy Sierra behind the GMT, he might surprise alot of folks. DENNIS

• Admin

Hello Dennis and others,

I've received a few emails stating this is not the "real" Jimmy Sierra. Most said this is not his style promoting on other forums like this just out of the blue. I'm not sure if it is him or not, but he is welcome to share his experiences here anytime.

All detectors find gold, you just have to know the limitations of each one and work within them! ;)

Dennis - Thanks a million for the business. Hope you really enjoy the new GPX-4000. I've sold a bunch more since yours and hoping to get some feedback on the forum here soon from the new owners. I plan on getting some more time under my GPX this coming Sunday.

Wishing you all the best,

Rob Allison

I would have to echo what others are saying. I think it someone cutting and pasting a personal email response to the forums.

Jimmy and I have been working together lately on some projects and I once asked him if he kept up on things by reading the various forums. He said, no, much too busy with other things. I've had to forward him information from the forums regarding various machines and test results.

But never underestimate this amazing individual. Even at his age, he's still a force to be reckoned with in the detector field. He has some tricks up his sleeve still and we will hopefully see the results soon. And that is all the hint you are going to get ;-)

Digger Bob

Hello Dennis and others,

I've received a few emails stating this is not the "real" Jimmy Sierra. Most said this is not his style promoting on other forums like this just out of the blue. I'm not sure if it is him or not, but he is welcome to share his experiences here anytime.

All detectors find gold, you just have to know the limitations of each one and work within them! ;)

Dennis - Thanks a million for the business. Hope you really enjoy the new GPX-4000. I've sold a bunch more since yours and hoping to get some feedback on the forum here soon from the new owners. I plan on getting some more time under my GPX this coming Sunday.

Wishing you all the best,

Rob Allison