How far away is the GP5000

With the GPX4000 released, How long untill The next model. Minelab must already be trying to improve again. And will it be a large leap or another small one. How about one that digs the holes, or teleports them into your hand whilst you are in your lounge chair..Ha Ha Ha...

Well sometime around 1988 the first minelab detector was the 1500. Then a few differents 1600. Then the 1700 1800 Eureka 2000 2100 2100v2 2200 2200v2 GT 3000 3500 4000 and some I missed. I guess up to date there is about 20 detectors in 18 years. If my math is right :wacko: in 10 months there will be the 4500, then in 20 mo then the 5000. :lol:

Kim

Well sometime around 1988 the first minelab detector was the 1500. Then a few differents 1600. Then the 1700 1800 Eureka 2000 2100 2100v2 2200 2200v2 GT 3000 3500 4000 and some I missed. I guess up to date there is about 20 detectors in 18 years. If my math is right :wacko: in 10 months there will be the 4500, then in 20 mo then the 5000. :lol:

Kim

I remember the old GS15000, owned one. the FT16000 owned one of them to, then give it away until last year when i brought a GP3500, been suckered three times.....

• Admin

Hello Guys,

The typical turn-around time for Minelab PI gold detectors is 2 - 2.5 years. With the GPX-4000 we won't see another good gold detector for at least two years, maybe a bit longer. The question is, will Minelab discontinue the GP3500 here soon? Typically when a new detector comes out, they discontinue the previous one.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

I think its great minelab is able to improve on their detectors. I dont think they should be criticized for moving forward. Doesnt the price kinda reflect the model number? If thats the case I really wouldnt want to see a GPX 6000 come out. DENNIS

Dear group;

This is such a simple question to answer I don't know it's not self effident to every Minelab PI user. The GPX-5000 will be introduced EXACTLY 1 WEEK after I grow tired of waiting for it to come on the market and I finally break down and shuck out the money for the GPX-4000. Jeez, I thought that EVERYBODY knew this!!!

Your friend;

LAMAR

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I thought that only happened to me Lamar!

So much for thinking that I'm unique! Darn!

ROFL

Karl

Hello everyone and hi Rob ! my understanding after a conversation with my independant Minelab rep is that the GP3500 models will all be going to S. Africa and the GPX4000 will fill the void and so bye - bye 3500. How are things going with you Rob? I am getting some much cooler weather here in Blackwell, Tx. Ok God Bless everyone here on the forum and thank you Rob for providing the forum.

John Tomlinson, CET ;):D;):D;):D

John's Detectors

Blackwell, Tx.

Dear group;

Yes it's the gospel truth, my friends and fellow prospectors! After I succomb to all of the hype (as Minelab is being slow with the production of the hype filter) and call my good friend and money taker, Rob Allison, I will post my purchase decision on this forum so everybody can mark their calanders and start counting the the days until ML brings the newest PI on the market. It will be no more than 7 days, I can promise everyone that.

Your telling it like it is friend;

LAMAR