GPX amp

I would think that if the GPX is using the same or equivalent to the KOSS headphones sold with the SD and GP series than the current external amp speaker/headphones would work. The external amp just has to be able to handle the power, impedance and mono or stereo signal (which ever it uses) that the GPX sends out to the stock headphones.

Colorado Bob and Rob Allison have used the unit and can answer more correctly though than I can! For me it is just a seat of the pants guess ..sort of..kind off. :)

Good Luck.

Regards

Karl

• Admin

Hello Aurum,

I would first like to welcome you to the forums! :D At this point in time since Minelab changed the connection from 4-pin to 5-pin there isn't anything that will adapt. However, I have heard several companies are currently working on some products that will work on the new GPX-4000. I'm sure if someone wanted to fiddle around they could make something work, but technically that would void the factory warranty. :(

The Minelab GPX-4000 comes stock with Koss UR-30 headphones. They are a good mid-line headphone in my opinion, but not the best.

I still have a couple of GPX-4000's in stock if you're searching for one, but don't expect them to stay around long.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Heres the answer for now! Go to Walmart and buy a ampifide external speaker for an iPOD, it has two speaker, but has an 1/8 inch jack, get a 1/4 inch mono adapter, it takes one AA batery, only an on off switch no volume, jack it in where your headphone would go, Bingo, external speakers. I use one it works good. just go to http://www.maclly.com and look. Grubstake $27.00

Rob has forgot that he has the DE-Tac Signal Enhancer with battery that works on any detector. It is an inline amplifier it plugs into the headphone jack and your headphones plug into the amplifier, it uses a 9 volt battery. Rob the item number is ac-seb.

DOC

Hello Aurum,

I would first like to welcome you to the forums! :D At this point in time since Minelab changed the connection from 4-pin to 5-pin there isn't anything that will adapt. However, I have heard several companies are currently working on some products that will work on the new GPX-4000. I'm sure if someone wanted to fiddle around they could make something work, but technically that would void the factory warranty. :(

The Minelab GPX-4000 comes stock with Koss UR-30 headphones. They are a good mid-line headphone in my opinion, but not the best.

I still have a couple of GPX-4000's in stock if you're searching for one, but don't expect them to stay around long.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Rob has forgot that he has the DE-Tac Signal Enhancer with battery that works on any detector. It is an inline amplifier it plugs into the headphone jack and your headphones plug into the amplifier, it uses a 9 volt battery. Rob the item number is ac-seb.

DOC

I have been using the one (ac-seb) that you shipped to me with the 4000 and it works great! Thanks Doc.