Grubstakes new ride

Grubstake Don't forget to keep your feet on the pegs. If you break your leg Shep and I will have to drag you out with our winch. Speaking of Shep did you see him today and did he live up to his name Gold Slut. Great looking trike. Jerry

grugstake

It looks like a new one but remember they don't take turning to good. I ride a Rokon and the only thing I have to remember is put my feet down when I stop. :rolleyes::D

When your on another mans land are claim he's the one that calls the shots.

You take care grub and at the rate you are finding gold I'd say that puts you up with the big boys.

Come Monday I'm heading for Rich Hill for about a month. I've got to get out of here I'm about to climb the walls.

Chuck

Hey Grub!

Kool looking wheels! Three wheelers are hard on sharp turns!

Hey Ridge Runner! Save some Rich Hill treasures for me! I'll be out at Rich Hill after the 18th of November through the Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving. You be safe on the road heading out! I wish I could squeeze a month off! But 8 to 10 days will be good!

I thought my wife was going to lynch me when I told her I wasn't going to be around for Turkey day! But when I mentioned that she could go with me or go shopping the Friday after Thanksgiving.her eyes got all glassy and opaque then brightened up and a smile spread across her face. Now she is asking me what she can do to help me get ready to leave! I think I better cancel all of our credit cards and take all the money out of the bank! I've created a monster! But my secret weapon is that I'm only leaving her the Miata to drive. That should at least limit her to how much she can cram into that little car! I'm taking the suburban and the jeep! :)

Yea! I know there are lots of small and expensive things she can buy! Actually I'm safe on this one! She is the frugal one of the two of us! :)

Is there any water running in the upper end of Antelope and Weaver creeks?

Ya'll have fun out there!

Regards

Karl

From Houston, Texas

Scorpion

I don't remember if it was last year are the one before but the creeks had so much water you could have water ski. The cows didn't know what all that green stuff was. That was the first time I'd seen water around Stanton.

My wife says go all you want being her way of roughing it is at a motor Inn with HBO. I'll be in a home made yellow and white travel trailer. Karl you to have a safe trip too and look for a red rokon.

Chuck

Cool 3-wheeler! I think they are the bomb!!! I got me one a short while back and then found a great deal on a quad a couple of months later. It was my intentions to sell the 3-wheeler after I got the quad but I am having a hard time actually giving it up...all the stories I've heard about how unstable they are must have come from people who never actually owned one because I found that they are very stable. You just need to put in more effort when you make a turn than a quad. If you don't lean into the turn, you could definately flip that sucker over but that is no different than riding a bike. The turning radius of these 3-wheeler's are half that of a quad if you use weight transfer and they are so much lighter than quads. In a pinch, I can lift that sucker up and turn it around but would require surgery if I tried that with my quad. I think they both have their place when off-roading and may end up keeping them both. That 3-wheeler is so much more fun to ride and besides, I can't do wheelies with my quad... :lol:

Hey Kamikaze,

The kid down the street ( actually he is 24) was popping Wheelies on his quad up and down the street.

He get the thing moving and then throws himself backwards gunning the engine while pulling hard on the handlebars. He can hold it up for about 30 feet.

Ridge,

My wife's idea of roughing it is also a hotel. I took her to Big Bend twice last year. Each time she was paying me to take her to either RioGrande Village of to Study Butte for a shower. lol

Now I have a shower contraption for her to rinse off with! Kinda neat actually,

I'm going to use a tent. I just haven't decided if I'm going to camp up at Devil's nest or over at LDMA. I'd primative camp at Stanton so I can do the same up at Devil's Nest. I'm going to tow the jeep behind my maroon suburban. The jeep is a 94 Wrangler. It is tourquoise in color with a black cloth top! The jeep's color can be seen for miles.

Where are you going to set up your trailer.

Ridge, when you get out to Rich Hill, if you find out that you forgot something or need something from home. call me and we can make arraingments to pick it up on my way through town. I'll PM you my cell number.

Regards

Karl

All right Grubstake. That will make the trip up to the patch a lot easier. Now you have to go to DOC's site and read his write up on how to do a "J" turn and try not to do it like he did. Be carefull with that thing, it can do harm if abused / misused.

Micheal

Guest sandtrap
Yep you bet Jerry, how did your hunt with Flak and Dennis go? Grubstake

Dennis scored nicely, before I got there. I'll let him tell you. My 2200 fell apart after setting it up, and using it for awhile. Plastic bolts holdig detector and armrest snapped, leaving me with a handfull of loose stuff. I left all my extra parts at home.;;ended up the day by using old reliable--GB2 Had to leave early, as my son was having a big birthday bash ..