Jack Hammered Today

Well I went out today to our claims by myself. I forget that Sunday is Football day.

I've been putting off this jack hammer work now for 3 weeks and today was bite the bullet day. I jack hammered for 3 hours with breaks and got all of 4-6 inches in depth. I'm not complaining mind you, just letting you know that jack hammering is not my favorite job.

Now I've always posted pictures and said the gold was good or fair. Well today and only today will I post gold from our placer site. Don't get to excited, it's not much but I'm still 2 maybe 3 feet from bedrock.

O'29er :lol::P:D

Man, that's an awful lot of work there, 29prospector! Wish I was close enough to help you. I could use both the exercise AND the experience!

Good luck!

Kajun

Kajun,

Thank you for the offer. I did learn 2 things yesterday; 1. I'm to old for this kind of woek and 2. I can't handle a full size demo hammer anymore. I just hope my small handheld demo hammer can handle it. :angry:

O'29er

I hear ya, 29prospector! I'm getting to the point where I'm wondering if I ever WAS as young and strong as I remember being! LOL

I just had the thought that in the "old days", folks would either work a deposit like yours with nothing more than a pickax and shovel, or they'd walk away from it. I sure admire what ya'll have done there the last few months. The pics have been great to add to your words in describing the work. Awesome work and some darn nice gold. Hopefully the motherlode is just under that layer of caliche and is gonna be measured in pounds and not ounces!

HH, ya'll!

Kajun

I hear ya, 29prospector! I'm getting to the point where I'm wondering if I ever WAS as young and strong as I remember being! LOL

I just had the thought that in the "old days", folks would either work a deposit like yours with nothing more than a pickax and shovel, or they'd walk away from it. I sure admire what ya'll have done there the last few months. The pics have been great to add to your words in describing the work. Awesome work and some darn nice gold. Hopefully the motherlode is just under that layer of caliche and is gonna be measured in pounds and not ounces!

HH, ya'll!

Kajun

I sure hope so. I've pulled out some very nice gold from that wash and I know there is plenty more. I'm looking for that 4 ouncer, so I can join the 4 ounce club. :lol: