First "Climber" Nugget from Rich Hill

Yo All...Today was push day at the 24K club on Rich Hill, but the cat broke down and there were lots of people on the push, so I decided to go up high on the hill, higher than I've ever been before to try to find my first "climber" nugget....Let me tell you, Rich Hill is one tough climb and anything you find, you earn!!...Anyhow, after about 3 hours I ended up high up and there was Rob, Crown King Steve and Kitty shootin' the breeze up on a cliff side!....Rob had just scored a nice solid little dink...

In the course of the conversation, Rob pointed out some old time patches...I was hunting with the little 9x5 Nuggetfinder coil, so I decided to go try pushing it into spots too small for the typical 14" coil folks generally hunt with there...I tried the first patch Rob had pointed out and then decided to drop down a pretty steep and very rocky climb toward the other old patch...Half way down there was a bedrock cliff behind me and I noticed a big "V" in the wall...I turned around and pushed my coil up into the V about head high, and, cowabunga, there was a signal...I figured there was no way it would be a boot tack 'cause it would be hard to climb there...

I had a tough time digging out the bedrock crack at the bottom of the V, but finally got it out of the crack...Wahoo, my first climber nugget from the hill...Right at 2 grams (1.4 DWT)...Had only three targets for the whole day of climbing around and one was Gold!... So now I've got a couple spots to put on my own personal Rich Hill Map....Thanks for the pointy finger, Rob....Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

• Admin

Hello Uncle Ron,

Congrats on the nice nugget find! Hey, who said I don't have a pointy finger also! ;) I point figures for good friends and flip fingers for ..... well you know story. :o

It's always great seeing you around Rich Hill Ron. You're a very likeable guy, everyone seems to enjoy your company, so make it a point to find us more often and I will point more fingers. :huh:

The weather and company was great this weekend at Rich Hill. I was hoping Karl from Texas would have gotten over a nugget, but he still has a day or so.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Colorado Bob,

I think Uncle Ron has a tracking device connected to me somewhere! Great to see other guys finding them up there. The place has had it's fair share of attention over the years, so it's getting tougher to find them there. You almost need a good Minelab and some idea where to look. I believe I found 8 targets up there the entire weekend, five of them were gold nuggets.

Hoping to get out West after everything settles down here. Probably be sometime after Christmas.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison