New Prospecting / Geology Information Website

Hi Everyone:

I have been working on putting up a website for some time, and finally its complete enough that I want to roll it out and show it to my friends here at the forum. Its not another competing forum, just a series of articles, information and photos related to prospecting. The site has info on detecting for gold, as well as dredging and even a little on dry washing. There is also information and maps on Rye Patch, as well as prospecting in the California mother lode and elsewhere in Northern Nevada. I hope to continue to add more information and prospecting reference material in the coming months.

There is also a bookstore with my comments on more than 125 recommended books covering topics related to prospecting, geology, gemstones and mineral collecting. I don’t stock or sell these books myself, but there are links there to take you to Amazon if you want to check prices or make a book purchase.

I have long been interested in Nevada turquoise – there is an extensive section on turquoise and Nevada turquoise mines, including a virtual tour of some of my turquoise claims. There is also an encyclopedia of information on gemstones.

I am not a detector dealer and don’t intend to become one. A number of the guys on the web (and some with brick and mortar stores) who sell prospecting equipment are friends of mine, so it’s not a business I would want to get into. The costs for this site are supported mostly by its advertising links and also by Jewelry sales. All the prospecting info pages have Google ad links, so if you see anything you are interested in there, click on the Google Ad link and take a look – that’s how the site is paid for.

As far as jewelry, a good amount of Nevada turquoise jewelry is up on the site and the number of pieces offered there should more than double soon – I have a large number of pieces done up that I need to photograph and put on the website. Most of the turquoise is from claims I own. Gemstone jewelry of other gemstones including Tanzanite and tourmaline should be posted soon as well. I also have a number of items up for sale on ebay and will have for the coming winter months. A lot more jewelry items should be coming onto the site very soon. Most of my stuff is quite inexpensive – often cheaper than even Wal Mart. So if you were thinking of something special for the wife or a daughter for Christmas or a birthday, let me know. I also have some nice crystals and related gemstone rough as well.

Anyway, take a look through the whole site – there are many layers and a lot of information there. It’s been under construction for over a year (though things have moved slowly at times). I hope you enjoy it, and do check back in from time to time, as I will be continuing to add new features and information.

The pages on propecting are located here:

http://nevada-outback-gems.com/prospect/chris_prospect.htm

The main Webpage can be found here:

http://nevada-outback-gems.com

The links are also in my new signature, below.

Let me know what you think.

Chris Ralph (AKA: Reno Chris)

Chris,

Great website...fun to look through.

A funny coincedence...The Matt Thornton book about dredging was also

the first book on prospecting/gold dredging I bought.

One of the guys on the cover of it, Dick Arthurs, built my first dredge

and showed me alot of what gold hunting was about.

Matt used to be over at his house sometimes when I went over.

All the best,

Hi Everyone:

I have been working on putting up a website for some time, and finally its complete enough that I want to roll it out and show it to my friends here at the forum. Its not another competing forum, just a series of articles, information and photos related to prospecting. The site has info on detecting for gold, as well as dredging and even a little on dry washing. There is also information and maps on Rye Patch, as well as prospecting in the California mother lode and elsewhere in Northern Nevada. I hope to continue to add more information and prospecting reference material in the coming months.

There is also a bookstore with my comments on more than 125 recommended books covering topics related to prospecting, geology, gemstones and mineral collecting. I don’t stock or sell these books myself, but there are links there to take you to Amazon if you want to check prices or make a book purchase.

I have long been interested in Nevada turquoise – there is an extensive section on turquoise and Nevada turquoise mines, including a virtual tour of some of my turquoise claims. There is also an encyclopedia of information on gemstones.

I am not a detector dealer and don’t intend to become one. A number of the guys on the web (and some with brick and mortar stores) who sell prospecting equipment are friends of mine, so it’s not a business I would want to get into. The costs for this site are supported mostly by its advertising links and also by Jewelry sales. All the prospecting info pages have Google ad links, so if you see anything you are interested in there, click on the Google Ad link and take a look – that’s how the site is paid for.

As far as jewelry, a good amount of Nevada turquoise jewelry is up on the site and the number of pieces offered there should more than double soon – I have a large number of pieces done up that I need to photograph and put on the website. Most of the turquoise is from claims I own. Gemstone jewelry of other gemstones including Tanzanite and tourmaline should be posted soon as well. I also have a number of items up for sale on ebay and will have for the coming winter months. A lot more jewelry items should be coming onto the site very soon. Most of my stuff is quite inexpensive – often cheaper than even Wal Mart. So if you were thinking of something special for the wife or a daughter for Christmas or a birthday, let me know. I also have some nice crystals and related gemstone rough as well.

Anyway, take a look through the whole site – there are many layers and a lot of information there. It’s been under construction for over a year (though things have moved slowly at times). I hope you enjoy it, and do check back in from time to time, as I will be continuing to add new features and information.

The pages on propecting are located here:

http://nevada-outback-gems.com/prospect/chris_prospect.htm

The main Webpage can be found here:

http://nevada-outback-gems.com

The links are also in my new signature, below.

Let me know what you think.

Chris Ralph (AKA: Reno Chris)

Great web site. We are all into gold but alot of us have other intrest afield also. So it was refreshing to see some information on gems and that blue green stone that I can never remember how to spell (turquoise). When I prospect for gold I often get sidetracked by dino bone and petrified wood. Just happened to be in the Henry Mountains, Utah this early fall when they had the worst rains they had gotten in fourteen years. Yes was looking for gold. The storm stuck me in the camper for nearly 3 days. Any way when it cleared up I headed over to an area known for it's beautiful black petrified wood with red veining. The area has really been picked over for many years. The storm had literally uncovered tons of new material and I collected some really nice peieces. No gold this trip but still had a great time!