"Some New Gold Nuggets, New Area"

• Admin

Hello All,

Leaverite invited me to join him on a hunt to a new spot he found in one of my old stomping grounds. Tried detecting this place years ago, but the amount of Ironstones and Basalts wouldn't allow the early Minelabs to work well. However, the new Minelab GPX-4000 with a Coiltek 14-inch Mono Searchcoil just purred through the area in the Sensitive/Smooth mode. :o

After about 4 hours of hunting, Leaverite and I found (7) more nuggets from the area. I haven't weighed them, but mine are the (6) gold nuggets on the right side of the coil.

There was a small drainage coming down through the area that has exposed bedrock in it. I figured since the wash went right through the patch area it should hold a nugget or two. I found the nugget pictured below laying right on bedrock.

Check out the pictures below.

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Bob,

Yep, they are hard to find just laying there. I have a section on my website where you can see a bunch of nuggets I have found over the last couple of years in nature.

GOLD NUGGETS IN NATURE

I have a lot more pictures, just haven't updated the website as of yet.

Hope you're finding some good ones.

Rob Allison

Hey Rob, I think Im goin to give up on my new patch for now. It stopped producing. Just four nuggets and no more. The largest was about a DWT. I pounded her to death yesterday and no more nuggets. I think Im goin over to the 3 Lb. patch and try out the U.F.O on it. Last time I hunted it I found a 4.5 ouncer with a stock 11" mono. I think the UFO will give me enough to pop another bigun out. Hey if your in the area stop by and try your new 4000 on that patch. See ya AzNuggetBob

• Admin

Hello Guys,

AZNuggetBob - Heck, you give up on one and you will find another in no time flat. You have a nose for gold, no debating that!!! I'm good for those 2-3 nugget patches, but I'm hoping for another 300-400 one. :o I also have at least 20-30 in nature pictures that I haven't posted. Wish I had more free time to update my website and finds.

Flak - Wish you could have seen one of my websites about 5 years ago. I had like 100+ pages of very informative information on electronic prospecting. I had a hard-drive take a dump and lost it all. I had some great nugget pictures that I will never be able to retrieve. Thanks for the comments.

Iggy - You're welcome to join us anytime. I'm just so busy right now I'm not sure when I'm going to get out. When things slow down here in a week or so I will let you know and you can join us. I can show you some stuff that might speed up your luck of finding more gold nuggets. I will call you later today about the Coiltek Pocket Rocket. Did you get a hold of Chris about the NF coil?

Arizona Guide - Most of the ones on the open bedrock are from the Bradshaw Mountain Range. I know that don't help much, but just about any wash in the Bradshaw Range could hold gold nuggets. It's all a numbers game, the more you're out there the better chance you have.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Iggy - You're welcome to join us anytime. I'm just so busy right now I'm not sure when I'm going to get out. When things slow down here in a week or so I will let you know and you can join us. I can show you some stuff that might speed up your luck of finding more gold nuggets. I will call you later today about the Coiltek Pocket Rocket. Did you get a hold of Chris about the NF coil?

Rob,

That would great to show me the ropes. You have no idea how that would help me.

Yes, Chris will be getting my coil in a week or so and will contact me when they arive from downunder.

Will be waiting for your call. :)

Thanks Iggy