Water in Randsberg area

Hi John,

I have been meaning to give you a call and I will when I can get a little time on a weekend. I have been wanting to pick your brain and find out what zone or zones you hunt so that I can get my tag for next years deer season. I am all for a spring turkey hunt and I am up for a hog any time. I have a line on a nugget patch or two up that way if you want to meet up. It will probably be after the first of the year. Heck yea let's do this thing.

Check your P.M.'s

-Joe

hello all im a member of the oc49ers for about a year now,why should anyone be claim jumpin, all is welcome to attend a meeting, an outing or go as a guest. dont know anything about the incident but hate to be mistaken as sometimes i forget my card, but i know a few from the kern river group, and they are the nicest laid back down to earth guys, wont have to say there names most know the killer kern group. wish all was like that, first time i saw the gold show i got a pan and went to the river, didnt know anything about there being real gold claims these days, and after half a day the group popped up and introduced there self and the claim, didnt know i was claim jumpin, but instead of a big threatining scene , i was invited to stay and continue sluicing and panning and givin the opertunity to go from a pan to a 4in dredge using the hooka for first time in one day, even seen about 1/4 ounce the next day after i came back, was more than welcome to continue and i did the right thing and joined the club as that group is what got me started and from there the rest is all you guys and your post, so id like to thank all of ya, and joe we got to get together and do some huntin buddy and , just got a gp3000 so when ya out in rand area at ya claim give me a email, like to get out with it and my drywasher and learn hoew to use them both, anyways all , just had to put my 2cents in as i know few that are very good people and hope it gets straightened out. dont like being a member of something and then things get crazy. so thanks killer kern rich for the fever, can i take ya to court for all the money its cost me in just couple years of it lol. wish marbles was still a hobby lol.

john

See this is the way I figure it should be, good people and good times. These guys took the time to notify an accidental claim jumper about the club and used the opportunity to generate some revenue fir it. The guys the OC49'ers pulled guns on out in Randsburg it was pretty much the same thing. They didn't know they were on the OC49'ers claim, so it was an honest mistake. HOWEVER, THE OC49'ERS OVERREACTED AND PULLED GUNS ON THE GUYS AND THREATENED TO KILL THEM! Is this the way to handle something like this? HELL NO!

I think what this guy describes above is the rational way to handle this type of situation. Look at the end result: people aren't feeling threatened, there isn't a lot of tension over the situation, the guy met a couple new friends, and the OC49'ers have a new club member paying dues.

HOWEVER, THE 9'ERS OVERREACTED AND PULLED GUNS ON THE GUYS AND THREATENED TO KILL THEM! see now you have heard from some good folks but your still lumping them into a catagory with others that they have no control of. now that this information is out im sure the upstanding folk will bring it to someones attention. im not a member but my friend is and i would take offense to you constantly saying " THE 9ER'S" like its all of them. stand back and look at your posts as if you were some of the hundreds of upstanding folk being lumped with a few bad apples. im sure then you would like to at least change your words to " a few members of" or something like that! i beg of you to consider this in the future and even rewording your posts. when there are other organizations trying to close our sport down we dont need this publicised in this manner. (my opinion) should it be addressed? yes!! here to cause more anger and resentment towards possibly innocent members? no!

ty for the kind words, yep no feel of threat when i was approached ,actually they gave me the fever, went all out ,joined the club,bought a dredge,highbanker,mxt with extra coils,gp3000,sluices ,pans ya name it, all in about a week after i got my membership package lol. oh even bought me a claim up on the middle yuba ill probably never get to evn make it to lol. but if its mine(meaning dont sell) all is welcome to check it out and all i ask is maybe a little nug and a pic, bends ill probably never get that far north lol. at least ill say i know what it looks like lol. who knows i might lol. anyways it was a group of real prospectors that i met that day no raged maniacs or the sort, just some good ol boys, and new friends l,ike ya said , it bennefitted us both, hey joe, we will get together for next season, if ya got a bow i can almost guarantee ya one of those non-typical bucks, as there was like four with big racks and i seen them up close ,toooo close lol. so i know where they are at. but its on a reserve, only t-shot and archery, but hey im the only one who hunts it and i can guarantee ya even right now show ya 40-50 deer in this place, not to mention the turkeys all over in there, i can call them right to ya, i even called a bear in for my uncle once, im goood at calls. youll believe it when i show ya .anyways hope we dont have anymore incidents as id hate to be threatened with my family, as i just might leave and come back a flyin at 65 in my big ol k-5 blazer a runnin ya over lol. no really, club claims aint no reason to threaten someones life, my own claim aint worth it , but let me catch ya lol, anyways hope this gets straightened up and, hope to someday meet and shovel some dirt for each and every one of ya in my life time lol.

p.s. joe that flame thrower is what i need to cook those deer with , it gets ate before it comes off the grill , the whole damn thing lol.

john

HOWEVER, THE 9'ERS OVERREACTED AND PULLED GUNS ON THE GUYS AND THREATENED TO KILL THEM! see now you have heard from some good folks but your still lumping them into a catagory with others that they have no control of. now that this information is out im sure the upstanding folk will bring it to someones attention. im not a member but my friend is and i would take offense to you constantly saying " THE 9ER'S" like its all of them. stand back and look at your posts as if you were some of the hundreds of upstanding folk being lumped with a few bad apples. im sure then you would like to at least change your words to " a few members of" or something like that! i beg of you to consider this in the future and even rewording your posts. when there are other organizations trying to close our sport down we dont need this publicised in this manner. (my opinion) should it be addressed? yes!! here to cause more anger and resentment towards possibly innocent members? no!

Actually I mentioned this in an earlier post and as a matter of fact, the majority of the guys in this club are great people, I have no complaints about them what-so-ever. Generalizing the whole club and claiming they're all jerks is unfair, and I thought my previous posts made this clear.

Apparantly the OC49er's have empowered a couple individuals with the responsibility of "protecting their claims" during outings and from what I've heard they've had problems with people running them off their claims in the past. So I can understand a little bit why they would be a little jumpy about this whole thing.

However, does the problems the OC49er's had in the past in this particular area justify the way they acted towards these two individuals? Absolutely not! especially when the guys they pulled guns on had no clue as to whats been happening out there.

The guys who pulled the guns and threatened to kill these two individuals acted "on behalf of the club". Since they acted on behalf of the club, and these guys are pretty high up in this club, unfortunately their actions and decisions affect the club as a whole and unfortunately it only takes one or two jerks to screw it up for everybody else.

The funny thing is, if you knew the two guys who got the guns pulled on them and if you knew how nice and kind they are then you would understand why the OC49er's actions were unjustified. These guys are locals in this area and are probably the most mellow people I have ever met out in the field. I'm willing to bet had the OC49er's not pulled guns on them and explained to them whats been happening these two guys wouldn't have hessitated with helping this club out with some of the problems they've been having in the area.

Let's just keep the good spirit rolling! Most of the miners we have all met seem to be great folks. The bad apples should be dealt with, hopefully sooner not later. It all goes to show the reprecussions of a casually undertaken action.

Thanks for all the ideas about water sources. Schlepping it 180 miles from home would be dangerous. Thinking about it, many abandoned mines I've looked in over the years had a side shaft just chock-full of empty water containers!

I'm definately going to stop at John's camp and take up his invitation to see his water works, next time I'm out. I'm hoping that will be before the end of the year, with a new drywasher on board! :)

I wonder if there is a useful water table in the area? (Not that I will be drilling a well, just mulling the topic.) I thought I read that wells in the valley produced somewhat briny water.

At the moment, I'm cooking up an idea for a "dry dredge!" B)

-GoldMember