Gold wheels and Shaker tables

As a mechanic and lifelong tinkerer, I have a particular interest in MECHANIZED means of saving labor and time. B) I was just reading some sales literature about a shaker table, and I was intrigued by the fact that it has one outlet for pure gold, and others for assorted by-products. Also, spiral gold wheels look rather interesting too, though I get the impression that they are for concentrates. Is the same true of a shaker table?

Do these machines need a high level of "babysitting" as they work, or do they mostly run themselves once properly set up?

What about the raw material feed? I would assume that it must be at least classified material, but do you run concentrates only, or will these take classified raw feedstock?

Aside from mini recirculating sluices, what other types of concentrating machines have you seen or heard of? Does anyone know if a powerful centrifuge is any good for separating gold? (Hold the aluminum tube jokes. :lol: )

Thanks,

-GoldMember

Guest keninla
As a mechanic and lifelong tinkerer, I have a particular interest in MECHANIZED means of saving labor and time. B) I was just reading some sales literature about a shaker table, and I was intrigued by the fact that it has one outlet for pure gold, and others for assorted by-products. Also, spiral gold wheels look rather interesting too, though I get the impression that they are for concentrates. Is the same true of a shaker table?

Do these machines need a high level of "babysitting" as they work, or do they mostly run themselves once properly set up?

What about the raw material feed? I would assume that it must be at least classified material, but do you run concentrates only, or will these take classified raw feedstock?

Aside from mini recirculating sluices, what other types of concentrating machines have you seen or heard of? Does anyone know if a powerful centrifuge is any good for separating gold? (Hold the aluminum tube jokes. :lol: )

Thanks,

-GoldMember

I don't know about shaker tables but I have a Desert Fox spiral wheel and it really does work. the key is to have the material classified well. takes a little time to get the wheel set up right with the right angle and water flow. The operator does need to feed the concentrate in slowly so as no to overload it. If you have lots of concentrate it is faster than finish panning but for only a little concentrate the set up time would not be worth it.

Ken

Goldmember,

Well I don't know a thing about spiral wheels, but shaker tables, well I've had about 45 plus years with thing. Shaker tables come in all sizes but most are quit large. Tables are used to separate fines if adjusted right but your material should be 60 mesh or more. Most of our gold breaks loose at 80 mesh. Tables are used at the end of a milling process.

Bob

GoldMember,

I got to thinking that it might be a good idea to give you a better idea what hard rock mining intales. I'm attaching photos for you. We have a portable grizzly that breaks up the ore up into 3' piecies on to the shoot into the jaw crusher. The jaw crusher takes it down to 1/2' and smaller. From there to the hammer mill which takes it doe to 50 mesh and up. Next the the ball mill which grinds the ore to 80 mesh and smaller. from there to a primary cut table, to finish table 1 to the final finish table 2. By this time its all gold.

The table in the picture is finish table 1.

Bob