GP4000

I GOTTEN OUT TWICE WITH MY NEW GP4000 NOW, WITH NO LUCK. ICAN'T TELL HOW TO TELL IF IT IS RUNNING IN ITS BEST SETTING FOR THE PLACE I'M HUNTING. OF COURSE I CAN BURY EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T NAILED DOWN AND RUN TEST BUT EVERY TIME I SWITCH LOCATIONS THIS WOULD TAKE ALOT OF TIME. IT SEEMED WITH MY 3500 IT WAS ALOT EASIER IT HAD LESS FUNCTION,AND WASN'T COMPUTERIZED. ANY TIPS WILL HELP. ALSO I HAVE FOUND LOTS OF DEEP TARGET IN AREA I'M SURE I WENT OVER WITH THE 3500 BUT THERE COULD BE VARIABLES.

• Admin

Hello Dredger,

The GPX-4000 is so versatile that is makes it much harder to find the best settings. My personal advice is to "Crank" the GPX to the max if it will handle the ground conditions. If the machine becomes unstable or very noisy, back down the "Gain." If you want to really quiet the detector down, use the "Quiet" audio setting. If the ground is very nasty you might have to use the "Sensitive/Smooth" mode.

I only use Sensitive/Smooth if the GPX is noisy in the other settings. I prefer to work in Deep/Normal for larger gold at depth and crank on the settings until I find what is best.

Kind of hard to tell you what is best, but would recommend a lot of testing and experimenting with the detector. You will eventually find what is best for for ground conditions and your hunting style. I have yet to be skunked with the GPX, hopefully I never will. :rolleyes:

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Dregder,

I was just razzing you a bit! :lol: I'm sure your GPX-4000 is running perfectly, you just have to get that coil over some gold. Realistically, this is one of Minelab's greatest improvements when it comes to detector in a long time. I can get the GPX to run so quiet, or I can crank it up knowing I'm getting more depth then any detector that is available on the market today!

Wishing you the best,

Rob Allison