Is a 16" Coiltek mono coil too much in the hiils?

• Admin

Hello Iggy,

Well, Coiltek don't make a 16-inch round. Coiltek makes a 11-inch, 14-inch, 18-inch and 24-inch round. NF makes the 16-inch round.

Both coils, the Coiltek 14-inch and NF 16-inch are great coils. If you're looking for a NF 16-inch SL Round Mono I have one for sale! :D

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Really big coils are good for going down hill, 24 inch coilteks pull you along as you go. its another matter going uphill again really tiring...

arahi....

• Admin

Hello John,

You don't want to get carried away and go too big for that terrain. I've found some very nice gold with smaller coils working around all the boulders and brush also. A good prospecting sized coil for Arizona is in the range of 14-16-inches. I personally have both the Coiltek 14-inch Round Mono and the NF 16-inch SL Mono. My all time favorite is the Coiltek 14-inch. Found many ... many pounds with just this coil alone! :D

The reason I love Coiltek is the fact they build the most reliable searchcoils and are back by the best in the business. John Gladdis is an absolute Mastermind when it comes to coil design. Some new stuff is right around the corner, but ..... :o

I can't forget Doc, without him Coiltek USA would never have been so successful. This is the reason I stuck with Coiltek the entire time and back them 110%.

P.S. Regardless of the manufacture, you have to get over the metal! :P

Take care,

Rob Allison

Really big coils are good for going down hill, 24 inch coilteks pull you along as you go. its another matter going uphill again really tiring...

arahi....

I think I will pass on this monster at the moment.

I will invest in my NF 14" x7" Mono Elliptical from Bill whne they arrive.

Merry Christams

Iggy