4000=gold finally!

post-55-1167530789_thumb.jpgWaited for Grubby to post, but?????

Got a chance to go to a new area, w/ Grubby, his uncle Allen and meet a White's expert (our host) Gerry Edwards. Third time out w/ the 4000, w/ no gold. Started w/ the 14E mono, but in PM switched to the Platypus. Finally got a little 2.2dwt'r! Skunk has moved on again :lol::lol::lol:

Got a chance to go to a new area, w/ Grubby, his uncle Allen and meet a White's expert (our host) Gerry Edwards. Third time out w/ the 4000, w/ no gold. Started w/ the 14E mono, but in PM switched to the Platypus. Finally got a little 2.2dwt'r! Skunk has moved on again :lol::lol::lol:

How did the 14E mono do? I'm ready to buy one. Platpus did it for you.

Nice first nugget.

Iggy

Guest sandtrap

I wish you all a Happy New Year! Let me know when you are coming down this way, next year. I'll make sure to get time off!! Jerry B

Iggy, I think the 14E is an awesome coil. Where we're hunting tho, ground was red mineralized clay to black soil (corn would love to grow in), with hot rocks thrown in between. Still trying to figure the GPX out. The Platypus, (also a great DD) smoothed out the terrain.

Kamikaze, didn't even think about that! Kicked that skunk into last year, for sure!

Jerry, there's AZO get together in Feb! Gonna bring my brother up to RH and show him where gold is found and the great people I get to hang around with. And hopefully find a bit :rolleyes:

• Admin

Hey Shep,

Congrats on the new find! You guys have some great country to hunt up there. Wish I could have made the trip with Doc to hunt with Grubstake. Hopefully I will be able to make it up there this year and hunt with you and Grubstake.

Haven't tried the Platypus on the GPX-4000 as of yet. I wore out my used NF 14-inch elliptical, it was a great coil. Considering another one for bedrock hunting conditions.

Take care,

Rob Allison