Damned UP. Post office lost my 2200sd

I sent my 3000 into Minelab in Nevada about 6 months ago and it took them about over a month to check it out. I really did not have any problem before I sent it, but since it was too hot for detecting I figured why not, I was a little hesitant because I treat the thing like an egg so nothing should be out of adjustment.

I called them once a week and they finally go to it.

They did a little tuning and that thing runs awsome!

I was told by some people that when you send it in, they just check it out and if it's fine they send it back the same as it arrived and I was told by others that if you send it in they tweek it.

It came back with a form on what they did to it, but it's hard to read the writing and I tell you what, that machine now is very sensitive and runs smoother and the other day my Wallaby DD detected a few small bullett fragments, a boot tack 1 ft deep and a small pocket knife over 2 1/2 ft deep!

I honistly believe that it runs better that ever since I sent it in, I don't think it's a mind game.

I hope you get your machine back in one piece gary and keep us posted.

Alan

Grubstake:

Too bad your SD wont come back with travel souvenir stickers like the old travel trunk/suitcases! It would have stickers from all over the country. LA, Atlanta, Disney world, Carolina, Chicago, New York, etc.

Are you sure you didnt accidently check off some box on the postal shipping form that said:

"Just keep shipping this package round and round the USA for the next 6 months"?

:D

Hope it ends up at its destination soon.

Actually when I shipped my GP to the shop in Vegas (it was truely broken) I had exactly the opposite problem. It arrived safe, the Minelab techs promptly fixed it, and then the box sat around the minelab office in Vegas for almost two weeks before they mailed it.

Chris

Guest keninla
Grubstake maybe we ought to have a contest to see if anyone's detector has traveled to more places than yours. You would probably at least win the contest........Better yet start a poll at ten bucks a whack to see who can guess the date of actual delivery..........Jerry

actual delivery to where??????

does it matter?

Ken

Hello Tool

Believe it or not, it was FREE OF CHARGE!!!

When I got it back, I looked the receipt over a few times and it never had what the cost was!

I then watched my checking account very closely to see if anything was going to be charged and...Nothing!

Thanks Minelab!

I really advise anyone to send their machines in if they have time away from detecting to atleast have a piece of mind their machine is in top shape.

Just make sure you spend the extra few dollars for delivery confirmation and insure it for what it's worth.

I hope minelab gets Grubstake's machine soon and please don't let this deter anyone from sending their machine in...I didn't have any problems.

I just sent them the controll box, thats all. The 3000's and above have a smart port for checking them out.

Email or call Minelab and ask them for an approximate turnaround time.