LSD

Guest Bunk

Any one want to run around LSD tomarow and do a little beeping? I travel by quad and was thinking about being down there 9:30 or 10ish.

Bunk

I wish I could Bunk. I guess that will be my next toy. An ATV.

I may have to start another survey on what everyone uses... LOL

I've been told a 450-500 cc is the bare mininum size engine should consider.

Have fun and hopefully see you on the 13th.

Elly will push I think 1 and 2.

Iggy

Hi Iggy, as with metal detectors and coils, opinions vary...when you start shopping for that ATV, keep this in mind. The bigger the motor, the larger/heavier the ATV. If you need to get unstuck or right the machine, that will be a factor... Some of these beasts are approaching 1000#!

To All

I'm from up here in Oregon and have always wondered what everyone means when they say that they are going to LSD. I know it's got to mean someplace special.

Keith

To All

I'm from up here in Oregon and have always wondered what everyone means when they say that they are going to LSD. I know it's got to mean someplace special.

Keith

LSD= Little San Domingo placer area.

I wish I could Bunk. I guess that will be my next toy. An ATV.

I may have to start another survey on what everyone uses... LOL

I've been told a 450-500 cc is the bare mininum size engine should consider.

Have fun and hopefully see you on the 13th.

Elly will push I think 1 and 2.

Iggy

Iggy, Ihave rode a 350 Honda Rancher 2X4 for the last 5 years all over AZ, it has pleanty of power.

My only issue has been how to carry all of my needs.

This morning I set out to look a few spots over and did not make it down to LSD and ended up going shoping for something that would haul all my gear a little better.

I got a good deal on a Yamaha Rino, I am sure that will do the trick!

Bunk

Iggy, Ihave rode a 350 Honda Rancher 2X4 for the last 5 years all over AZ, it has pleanty of power.

My only issue has been how to carry all of my needs.

This morning I set out to look a few spots over and did not make it down to LSD and ended up going shoping for something that would haul all my gear a little better.

I got a good deal on a Yamaha Rino, I am sure that will do the trick!

Bunk

So you got a brand new Quad? Wow nice 2007 present.

Is this what it looks like?

Where is the cannon?

Iggy

Bunk

I road in a rhino for the first time a few weeks ago. Yes they are nice and should do the trick for you. I am sure you will post some photos over on the riding site. so i will look for them.

IGGY I like the trail boss alot. It is actualy my wifes bike as i am waiting to get me a 4X4 again. This trailboss is a great Quad though. I realy never need 4x4 but i like the thought of having it in some of the areas I hunt in. They make a 330 cc in 4x4 as well. I think it is the explorer or expedition. Anyways mine is a 2003 and i got it for 2000.00 used. you can find some great deals on craigslist.com on quads from time to time.

Bunk

I road in a rhino for the first time a few weeks ago. Yes they are nice and should do the trick for you. I am sure you will post some photos over on the riding site. so i will look for them.

IGGY I like the trail boss alot. It is actualy my wifes bike as i am waiting to get me a 4X4 again. This trailboss is a great Quad though. I realy never need 4x4 but i like the thought of having it in some of the areas I hunt in. They make a 330 cc in 4x4 as well. I think it is the explorer or expedition. Anyways mine is a 2003 and i got it for 2000.00 used. you can find some great deals on craigslist.com on quads from time to time.

Yes I'm looking around for a used Quad. Not sure what type yet. I'm keeping an open mind. I know it needs to be at least 300cc 2X4 and not sure on drive shaft or var. speed clutch or whatever they call it now. I think the drive shaft would be better than a chain don't you think.

Iggy

Well I have an old Artic Cat [06] and so far it has served me well.

I have some friends who wanted me to buy a large one [more power]. Mine is a 400. So far I have never needed any more power as I don't intend to run any races. I just want to get from point A to point B with all my gear.

It is 2x4 or 4x4 which ever you choose or need. Also has a feature that lets you lock all four wheels togather so that they all turn at the same time and at the same speed with no slipage.

Its automatic with drive shafts to the front and rear. That gives a lot more clearance and with independant suspension. I can go over rocks a foot high and never drag.

My 3500/w 14" coil will fit in the cargo box along with the rest of my gear and I don't have to break the detector down. I also have a rack on the front with gun racks that I usually carry my pick in.

I don't think that you need anything larger as this thing weigh's in at a little over 700#.

Bob T. Just my 2 cents worth.

we have large quads but i like the little 100. its an old 87 yamaha 100, electric start, 4 gears but no clutch. its light enough to pick it up and move 1 end ( no reverse) and it climbs hills too. you couldnt use the whole tank of gas in a weekend, it goes about 40 mph, and you can steer 1 handed if need be. sure if i was going long distances with really bad terrain it would be different! i even hooked a trailer hitch with a little dump trailer to haul my drywasher and stuff from the motorhome to the dig site. i'll take my concentrates and run back to the camper and pan out and run back again.

You started a new poll Iggy :D

I have had a Polaris 500 since 2000 new. This is one work horse, it handles large quantities of hay or? Every day many times over. I have pulled 1300 lbs grain sacks on pallets thru the barns with little effort. It handles great, cuts cattle at high speeds, manuvers well even with the dog on the back? :rolleyes: I just need to find a great case to carry hunting equiptment into deep country.

You started a new poll Iggy :D

I have had a Polaris 500 since 2000 new. This is one work horse, it handles large quantities of hay or? Every day many times over. I have pulled 1300 lbs grain sacks on pallets thru the barns with little effort. It handles great, cuts cattle at high speeds, manuvers well even with the dog on the back? :rolleyes: I just need to find a great case to carry hunting equiptment into deep country.

Barn, Hay. I want to find the mother lode and bring home the mountain. :D

Iggy