Detecting with Grubstake today

post-834-1169006926_thumb.jpgGot this metal box today while detecting with Grubstake today. Buried about 10-12 inches and covered over with rocks larger than the metal box - not just dirt. So I was hearing a sound that was below the larger rocks and pretty deep so my heart was pitter-pattering when I finally moved the target and it was a big clump of black dirt once again... :lol: Later Grubstake figured it as a snuff box. Looks like it was black laquered on the outside with just a bit of a remnant of a paper label on the bottom. We were hoping that there was something real good inside but it was pretty light and didn't rattle on like I am.. Had what looked like a bit of mud inside, still opens and closes perfectly

Randy I am able to put pressure on it but it looks like I wll be laid up for a while so you had better put pressure on Gary and Shep and keep them busy. When Shep goes to AZ you can really give Gary a hard time. Seems like it takes a long time to get the first nugget but after that it gets easier....Jerry

Hey Jerry, if you want, I'll bring the tow behind coil and you can sit on the quad and tell the wife where to dig? Quality time ;)

Randy, how's the poison oak doing? Gotta watch Grubby; he'll lead you straight through the thick of it. Ask Chris

Shep you did not warn Randy "the patch" meant a poison oak patch prior to sending him to Gary's..........he's given us all poison oak one time or another. I mentioned the tow behind coil to Dianne and just got bad looks and she suggested I might loan my GPX to your brother so it will give him an even chance against you! Grubstake was right about you not being shy.

Hope your family is ok during this time. Jerry

Yeah, that would not be a good place to walk around with short pants on. I got the big bottle of that Technu soap and used it when I got home. I didn't get it this time that I know of yet, the soap works good. Later on in the spring that place is gonna be thick with it when the leaves come out.. I find I get it from the roots, not even touching the plant. Wear those vitrol rubber gloves I get from harbor freight, they don't tear and are real thin.

Randy, point to remember, in the winter, all the poison goes to the roots, where we dig. I also use a liquid before going out, that seems to help.

I'll take the poison oak (knock on wood!) over Grubby's skunk snot anyday!

Jerry, wife didn't like my idea of quality time huh? Mine doesn't either- ;)