Speci off the vein

Yo All...Got out to enjoy the incredible weather on Sunday and found myself climbing a near vertical mountain with my SD2100 & 14" NFe coil...Right on top of the mountain I saw indications of a few sporadic old workings...The tip of the hill had been flattened on a spot with about a 10' radius and several small quartz veins crisscrossed the hill...I got a good signal and dug down about 8"...Then the signal screamed...Anyhow, up came this cool little speci, which I believe came off the vein...In addition to the quartz, there are a bunch of little square minerals that are opaque and dark, much like garnets...Anyone have any idea what they might be?....I need to go back up with a shovel and see if I can expose more of the vein...I estimate there' 3 to 4 pennyweight gold in this speci...Cheers, Unc

Yo All...Got out to enjoy the incredible weather on Sunday and found myself climbing a near vertical mountain with my SD2100 & 14" NFe coil...Right on top of the mountain I saw indications of a few sporadic old workings...The tip of the hill had been flattened on a spot with about a 10' radius and several small quartz veins crisscrossed the hill...I got a good signal and dug down about 8"...Then the signal screamed...Anyhow, up came this cool little speci, which I believe came off the vein...In addition to the quartz, there are a bunch of little square minerals that are opaque and dark, much like garnets...Anyone have any idea what they might be?....I need to go back up with a shovel and see if I can expose more of the vein...I estimate there' 3 to 4 pennyweight gold in this speci...Cheers, Unc

Interesting Ron. It seems the more I watch and read the more I find out about where that gold is hidden. Now if I were Superman I can see into every mountain and get the gold instead of all that walking and hard work. :D

Iggy

That looks great Ron. I was just thinking, the oldtimers had magnets right? I bet any prospector that had seen a magnet work wished that they could get a magnet that would detect gold... and a metal detector is just that, pretty cool stuff.

• Admin

Hello Uncle Ron,

Good Find! Did you find it with the Goldbug or SD2100? Hope you're able to locate more specimens or placer below the area. Keep us all updated.

If you need a helping hand picked up buckets of gold quartz specimens, you know your Nephew Rob is always out here. :D

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Yo Rob...Unfortunately, all the chunks off this vein fell to the SE where the gravity is lighter...I was able to pick them up and stick them in my bag easily...I might not be able to retire, but might get a new truck :P ...I definitly wiill invite you up for the clean up...Young strong back required.... :D Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah