jarbribe

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW? HAS ANYONE BEEN NORTH BETWEEN JACKPOT AND OWYHEE. DEAD CENTER IS JARBRIGE. IS IT WORTH WORKING? WHERE TO GO? WHAT TO LOOK FOR? WHAT ROADS ? ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING? I KNOW THAT I'M NEW AND HAVEN'T GAINED TRUST . BUT MAN I'VE GOT TO GET OUT UTAH! HOW ABUOT MONTELO OR GOOSE CREEK ? MORE NORTH MORE SOUTH? I HAVE BEEN TO IMLAY TWO NICE .5'S BUT LOOKING FOR SOMETHING CLOSER TO HOME.I OWN 3500 MINELAB GOT ITCHY FEET AND READY SCRACH THEM. IT'S BEEN LONG WINTER AND I'M STARTING TO BOUNCE OFF THE WALLS!! GRAYHORSE

jarbidge is nice, but remote. some hot springs around.

maybe you want to try around wildhorse reservoir going back towards jack creek, then north towards owyhee. or south towards tuscarora.

if you really want to punish yourself, try north of ely, left to cherry creek, south into egan canyon.

oops, messed up! the mines are about 35 miles north of montello. however, over by jarbidge, are the charleston group of placers, and east of that are the alder group of placer mines, worked with rockers years ago. be sure to ask the locals about the hotsprings (wherever you go)- a lot bigger payoff this time of year than any old gold. yesirree bub, better believe it. let the snow fall while you sit in heaven.

and some places south east of jackpot have placer too (alder group).

Its actually Jarbidge (only one "r"). I'll admit I have not been there, but I know folks who have and according to every one there is virtually no placer - at least none that is detectable with a metal detector. Just very small amounts of very fine dust. Interesting place to visit, bring your fishing pole and forget the detector. It was a hard rock district.

There is detectable gold at Tuscarora (but many claims there).

There is also detectable gold at Osceola (also many claims there as well).

ITS NOT NECESSARY TO CAPITALIZE EVERYTHING, MAKES IT APPEAR LIKE YOU"RE SCREAMING!!!! :lol:

Chris

Its actually Jarbidge (only one "r"). I'll admit I have not been there, but I know folks who have and according to every one there is virtually no placer - at least none that is detectable with a metal detector. Just very small amounts of very fine dust. Interesting place to visit, bring your fishing pole and forget the detector. It was a hard rock district.

There is detectable gold at Tuscarora (but many claims there).

There is also detectable gold at Osceola (also many claims there as well).

ITS NOT NECESSARY TO CAPITALIZE EVERYTHING, MAKES IT APPEAR LIKE YOU"RE SCREAMING!!!! :lol:

Chris

Thanks! Chris I will not scream anymore. I Very much apreaceate your info it has helped me alot. I'll let You know what i find if any thing. I'm new . But don't claims have to be marked like no propecting. This is my place to prospect.

jarbidge is nice, but remote. some hot springs around.

maybe you want to try around wildhorse reservoir going back towards jack creek, then north towards owyhee. or south towards tuscarora.

if you really want to punish yourself, try north of ely, left to cherry creek, south into egan canyon.

oops, messed up! the mines are about 35 miles north of montello. however, over by jarbidge, are the charleston group of placers, and east of that are the alder group of placer mines, worked with rockers years ago. be sure to ask the locals about the hotsprings (wherever you go)- a lot bigger payoff this time of year than any old gold. yesirree bub, better believe it. let the snow fall while you sit in heaven.

and some places south east of jackpot have placer too (alder group).

Hay thankyou I like that part of the state it seems like a good place to start pokin around.

grayhorse

How about Tuscarora. It's pretty close to that area. I'v never been there but I remember reading it was a good placer.

I've heard about Tuscarora. Might be very interesting to look around and do some swinging. Thanks ! grayhorse

• Admin

Hello Grayhorse,

I've never personally spent any time around that country. However, heard of some good stories over the years though. I know a good friend, Floyd Allen (now passed) that found some nice nuggets around Tuscarora. Never asked about any details though.

Thanks for joining the forums and hope you find some good nuggets.

Take care,

Rob Allison