Stanton Road

Guest Bunk

Hi Bunk,

Sorry to hear about the tire. I'll tell everyone here to keep their eyes open when we head down that way. I guess good news it was only a tire; I just heard that someone lost a brand new Minelab GPX-4000 out there when it fell off their quad!!! :blink:

• Admin

Hello Guys,

It's amazing what falls off vehicles and quads on the Stanton Road. A couple of years ago I found a brand new shovel that probably fell off someone's quad that was drywashing. I've found a handful of bungee cords and other small tools along the road. Never found a tire, new GPX-4000 or dropped nugget yet! :P

Take care,

Rob Allison

I have outfitted half my plumbing tools from the freeway in the valley. (FREE) way. Anyways I have a 4,6,8,10and a 30 foot extention ladder. One hand held stihl concreet cutting saw, Dewalt three speed right angle drill. Coming back from and going the payson area before and after a big camping weekend can be good as well. But a Minelab 4000 would just kill you to know it is lost. I hope if anyone finds it they try and find the owner.

• Admin

Hello Jade,

Speaking of ladders, I seen two extention ladders laying along I-10 and 83rd ave this afternoon. Looks like the owner never knew they fell off. They looked brand new and I'm surprised no one pulled off to pick them up.

I will be keeping an eye out for any Minelab detectors laying along the Stanton Road. I promise to return them to the owner! :lol:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Me, I alway find hunting knives and pocket knives when out hunting, I have about 10 so far, some cheap ohs and some high dollar knives. Once found a set of field glasses out at Randsburg. Never found a detector or detecting stuff, but Ice chest and Ladders yes. I once found a pay check, still in an envelope, I call the guy, it was a weeks pay. I found it laying by a gas pump, the guy was really glad to get it back. Grubstake

I find lots of useless stuff- probably good enough before someone ran over it. as well as lots of useless stiffs, probably good enough before someone ran over them. problem is the stiffs are usually stripped clean .

I also never run over rolled up carpet anymore either, cause I don't want to stop and see who's inside afterwards.

i'm not kidding

LOL @ Grubstake! :lol: I've gotten a bit of a "space saver" myself lately. :unsure:

Last time I was driving in the San Gabriels on a seldom-driven road, I was heading back and said to myself, "Gee, that looks like a Volvo charcoal canister on the road there. It IS... from MY Volvo!! :blink: "

Be glad it didn't come bounding out on the freeway, with a school bus following. :o

-Goldmember

I got down to Yuma and noticed the top had been shaken off the SlimMobile's trash can sized air cleaner assembly, presumeably on Stanton Rd. The air filter inside weighed about 40 pounds with all the dirt but fortunately it looks like none got into the diesel. Diesels DO NOT like dirt.

I now have a new air cleaner assembly on there and as soon as it warms up a bit (come on spring!) I'll be back on the hill. What's the latest on the road?

Thanks Bob. As you may know, I spent a fair amount of time out there last fall. They graded the road at least twice while I was there and each time the road was good for 2 or 3 days. I always look forward to getting there but I dread that road. I've learned my lesson. I'm going REAL slow with the RV from now on.