Friday Push

Yo All...Just got an email from Elly confirming that the push time is 10AM friday...So now I'm digging out my lip gloss and other make up for the big Outdoor Channel filming of the 24K Push...I was going to dye my beard black for the picture show, but Dodacious said that would look stupid :P ...I told her I once looked stupid many years ago and survived it just fine, but she said now I would look too stupid to survive so I guess I won't do the coloration...I'm still prob'ly too handsome for the camera to fully capture so, oh well...Cheers, yer Unc in the Dubyah....See you at the push

Hey Cuz,

Go for it...you only go around once!

Several years ago, I put some coloring in my graying hair, my eldest daughter, said to

me, Dad, I don't know what it is about you recently, but you look so much younger.

She never did figure out what it was that made me look a little different. <_<

Not sure about the lip gloss, but maybe a little eye shadow might

be a nice touch! :D

Cuz Gary

Yo, Cuz & Slim...Got out there today....What a zoo....never saw so many people looking for dinks in such a small area..Didn't dye my beard, armpit hairs or nothing, and don't think it made any dif in the entire day...My first target this AM was the little half grammer below...Spent a lot of time just BS'n with friends, but not much quality beeping otherwise...Pickins were slim today...Biggest I heard of was a tad over 2 dwt ...

Colorado Bob found one, Bunke found one, I think Leaverite found one .....

But it was warm and for the most part everyone coperated to make it a pleasant experience...One guy insisted on not using head phones and another had a coil a bit too big, but otherwise, it was just a big happy gathering...

I had fun and got a dink so I' m a happy guy

Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah (Kitty, "Dubyah" is short for Wickenburg" :P

Hey Ron,

Just got home from the hill, a couple hours ago. Didn't score today, only worked a couple hours, BS session the rest of the time.

One of the guys I was talking to got a small dink, maybe 8 or 10 grain, on two. I think Crown King had a couple, last night, he went over to the other side today [crows foot].

Never saw so many people, there was probably 15 up there by 10:00 this morning.

I had to get home, could't stand the back of that truck any longer.

Almost forgot how good a shower and an Amber Bock could be. :lol::P

Bob T.

Who were the non members detecting? Elly has allowed non members to any seminars she held but they couldn't work the claims.

Has that changed?

Of course this weekend's push is a bit out of the ordinary with GPAA and the Outdoor Channel filming.

Have a good day on Sunday!

Regards

Karl

Wonderer,

If I ever get in a gun fight, I want you by my side, cause you dig a mean foxhole. Yes I did put the 14" coil back on today, and finished cleaning up the trash you guys missed. :lol::o

Didn't you find one or two Fri.? Thought I heard a couple clanking around in your shirt pocket. ;)

Scorpion,

I don't know where everyone came from, but there was a gob of them. She cut us loose at 10:00 and told me that a film crew would be up from Phoenix and she thought that they were bringing around 40 people with them. I don't think that many showed up. They got there around noon.

I know I was up on #5 and looked down the hill at #2 and it looked like a bunch of ants crawling around.

Bob T.

• Admin

Hello All,

I wasn't up there this weekend to see what was going on, but heard about "Non-Members" detecting the pushes. I received about 6 emails in the last couple of days asking me what I knew about this. Like I said, I wasn't there, so really don't know what was going on. I know it's a rule of the club to have your membership badge on at all times. I heard there was at least half the people on the pushes that were new faces and didn't have badges.

I also heard there was a lot of politics in the filming, with only a few guys getting the bulk of the filming! :angry:

P.S. Also heard someone was walking around in a clown suit? Is this true? I would have filmed the clown detecting ... :o

Rob Allison

Yo Rob...In short, the GPAA/LDMA group accompanied the film crew and sort of announced they were going to beep the pushes...They apparently felt that the free publicity the club may or may not get from the filming somehow entitled them to a shot at the pushes...

It sounds like Elly somehow worked it out amicably, but it sure did look like an ant attack on #2 from my & Leaverite's vantage point up on #4 when they all arrived about noon...I heard a lot of club members comment they weren't too happy with it since an extra large group of regular members showed up that day and, even with small coils, the cross talk was horrendous...

Elly said there was someone dressed like a clown sort of, but it was all in good fun... All in all, despite the brief onslaught from non-members, it was still a nice day on the hill and everyone had a good time....Some even found gold....Cheers, Unc

Wonderer and I must have a lot in common....cause when I was on push 5 over Thanksgiving I dug this 3 foot x2 foot by almost 3 foot deep. Man it was such a great set of target signals. As the hole got deeper it split into two signals! Well Skipper Bill and his wife Donna were there to watch me retrive my Gold Surprise! Yea I harvested one half of a Pepsi can. I still had this great signal booming back at me! so I continued to dig! Yep it was the other half of the Pepsi can! I still have those two pieces of Pepsi can. I think I should mount them on a board and hang em on the wall.

As to the clown detecting! Wow! I missed an opportunity to be a star! I played a clown at a gas station opening back in the early 70's!

Oh before I forget RoadRunners is having an area pushed on Friday for their Appraisal weekend, February 17th and 18th. The area will be split in two to isolate VLF and PI machines. One will start with VLF machines and the other PI's and at 12 noon they will flip flop. One detector per membership. The push piles will not be open for prospecting until Sunday when teams will be established to work designated areas. Claim is Leave no Holes. After 3pm the area will be open to all. This activity is only open to members whose memberships are in good standing.. If you aren't a member, you can call the club phone 602 274 2521 to obtain information to join and additional information regarding the uncoming weekend's activity.

Was it Bozo the Clown?

Or Ronald McDonald?

ROFL

• Admin

Hello Uncle Ron and Scorpion,

I'm going to wear my clown suit the next time I'm at the 24K claims. This will allow me to hunt without being noticed! :rolleyes: If Ronald showed up without any Big Macs, Quarter Pounders or at least some Nuggets I would be pissed.

Good to hear nuggets are still being found.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob!

I'll make certain to have a dozen or so McD Nuggets with me the next time we meet! If we can't find them at least we can buy them and eat'em!

ROFL

Karl

The guy who was playing the clown, had funny looking teeth, don't know if they were real or not. Had baggy pants on with suspenders, an old hat, and a roll of toilet paper hanging around his neck. Guess all prospecters need the necessities. He had a detector made of something, wood, I suppose, with about a 24" coil, looked like cardboard. He was yelling, screeching and talking about something, I don't know what.

Kinda reminds me of Al Gore, hell maybe it was "ol" Al, preaching his global warming. If so he was in the wrong place, should have been up in the Northeast US. :lol::o Maybe he could melt a bit of all that snow and ice. :unsure:

Ah! Come on, all you Demo. buds, I'm just jokeing. Hmmmmm.......but then after thinking about it for a bit........... :oB):rolleyes:

Bob T.

In Responds to all that have posted on this.

GPAA had contacted Elly about 2 hours before the time the Outdoor channel film crew was on the way to the claims and asked if it would be possible for the State Directors and Office Elected Board Members could come up during the filming.

They stayed only 2 - 2.5 hours while filming and had a GREAT time!!

They only stayed on push #2.

Just think How lucky You all are to have the Outdoor channel come out to the 24 Karat claims and made a show about a Great club and all they do for You. Tell me any other club that has been on the Outdoor channel. You all should feel proud to call Yourselves 24 Karat Members!!

And as far as The ones who talked about the Clown that is a 24 Karat member Just having fun. Remember this Club and any other Club members are to have fun and if You don't want to have FUN stay home.

And on the behalf of the GPAA , Outdoor Channel and The Rendezvous

Committee Chairman

Thank You Elly for the opportunity to come to Your claims!

Guess maybe I'm one of the ones who was talking about the clown that Nuggetbrain refered to.

Your statments would be better served if you were to direct them to some of your own GPAA members, who, by the way are staying at Stanton.

These are some of the same guys who told me that they were out to detect and as you put it, have FUN.

They said they saw nothing funny about the clown and did not have time to be bothered by him.

As for me, I'm not staying home, I'm going out and have FUN.

BOB T.

Elly is a great lady!

We all owe her our combined gratitude and thanks!

As to staying home! Well I don't think so! Much like Colorado Bob, I'm going out to have fun!

I've had my 15 minutes of fame, I just want to prospect!

As Cindy Lauper said so elequently in her song, but instead of girls....it is boys!

Boys just want to have fun!

Happy Trails and Yippie Kiyea little buckarooes!

Ya'll sleep well now ya hear!

Good night Mary Ellen, Joe Bob, Grandpa etal!

Enough TV Series Talk!

Have a great day!

Regards

Karl

ATV AND PICKUP PARKING ON 24 K FRI

HI ALL

ATV AND PICKUPS WERE BARRED FROM PARKING ON THE HILL GOING TO PUSH 4 AND 5 FRI FOR GOOD REASON THERES NO ROOM OFF THE ROAD FOR 20 ATV AND 15 PICKUPS AND IF I NEED TO GET A AMBULANCE TO A PUSH FOR A MEMBER I MUST HAVE THE ROAD OPEN SORRY FOR THE TROUBLE BUT WAS THE BEST I COULD DO

JIM WADDILL

SECURITY 24 K

Guest Mike C...

Hi Reg this is Mike C...-I was in the 24k when you were there-theres no question that you know your stuff when it comes down to electronics-hell I remember the modified lobo that you made for Tony P and he found lots of gold with it-with that said I was'nt to amazed at the last attempt of the latest PI that you and Mr B were working on-you see I was with Bill S when he was testing the PI that he received from Mr B-and it totally choked on a nugget I had just unearthed with my extreme-did'nt even register without scrubbing right on it-I also know someone else who had one and they to were not happy with it either-I just hope that this next breed of PI is all your cutting it up to be-as far as the 24k club it was a great club when I was there and a great place to hunt-I tried to get the discount for old 24k members but could'nt show proof to ellie that I was there-I am now a roadrunner-but have so many places to detect-don't even need to belong to them-Take care Reg and I really do hope that someone comes out with a worthy competitor for the current king of the hill-but for now I'm using the best PI out there-Minelab- ;) -Mike C... B)