Grubstake was inthe emergency room all day today

I got up this morning, and as soon as my feet hit the fool, so did I, my wife called the ambulance, I spent all day in the hospital, I had a TIA, or mini stroke, some short term memory loss. I got a shot of Heprin and they wanted to hold me over night, I said no1, I'm home now, feeling aliitle better. Can't hold me down, I have to go see my DR. tomarrow. I have a hunt this weekend with idredger and his partner Matt, I think. With my uncle coming to watch over me. One hell of a deal, when you can't remember stuff, but its coming back alittle at a time. Takes more than a stroke or heart attack to kill me off, I have too many people to teach how to look for nugget, before I go. Someone out there at Rich Hill Kick Shep for me, its his fault, he didn't take me with him. Ha! Ha! Grubstake :unsure::unsure::unsure::o

I got up this morning, and as soon as my feet hit the fool, so did I, my wife called the ambulance, I spent all day in the hospital, I had a TIA, or mini stroke, some short term memory loss. I got a shot of Heprin and they wanted to hold me over night, I said no1, I'm home now, feeling aliitle better. Can't hold me down, I have to go see my DR. tomarrow. I have a hunt this weekend with idredger and his partner Matt, I think. With my uncle coming to watch over me. One hell of a deal, when you can't remember stuff, but its coming back alittle at a time. Takes more than a strke or heart attack to kill me off, I have too many people to teach how to look for nugget, before I go. Someone out there at Rich Hill Kick Shep for me, its his fault, he didn't take me with him. Ha! Ha! Grubstake :unsure::unsure::unsure::o

Did you forget about teaching me gold detecting for $400 per hr?

:mellow: Take good care of yourself.

Iggy

Grubstake!

You take care of yourself and listen to your doctor! ...As long as he/she is making sense! :)

I haven't met you yet! And don't make me have to go over there and give you CPR! I'm terrible at it! I keep punching the back out of the practice dummies when I have to recert for the YMCA in order to teach my tae kwon do classes! Oh and by the way............I ain't going to do mouth to mouth just chest compressions! LOL

So you keep your health! Or I'll stretch on those rubber gloves........................well you get the idea! :)

Dr. Karl to the rescue!

Seriously Grubstake, I'm happy to hear that you are doing ok!

Regards

Karl

Grub you better take care of yourself!This forum wouldn't be the same without you and you want to spend some of that gold . I always say I want it to be a sad day for everybody when I go.

The guy next door had the same thing happen to him but he was driving at the time but was able to get his van stop.

Just the way you write you can tell your a caring person and you say your making 8 hundred hour training guys to nugget hunt.With all the gold you post I'd say they getting their moneys worth. :D:rolleyes:

Again take care and let us know how your doing!

Chuck A.

Yeh, I can't remember alot of stuff, my wife had to tell me my daughter was in an auto accident, last month, makes me really feel stupid, and a bunch of other stuff too. I guess at the hospital they asked me who the president was, I said FORD. They said no Bush. Boy shit like that makes you feel like an idiot. But I been in bed all day, just got up, Pondmn called me to check on me. I remember Shep though and all you other guys. I'm going detecting SAT. I got to get out if it kills me. Besides thats how I want to go, with a detector in my hand. Not kidding, my wife knows that too. But I got to fill pappers out in the next day or two, no life support for me. Just pain meds to keep me out of pain. A do not reseate order. I hate hospitals. And I'm good for now. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

My friend, I'm getting concerned about this. :( You need to take it easy and stop worrying about getting other people over gold. We all know you're a great hearted person, but you need to take it easy. We all would hate to see something serious happen to you.

Did the Doctor(s) give you any idea why this happened? I know you have had trouble in the past with your heart.

Wishing you a speedy recovery my friend. Get some rest, that big nugget is still on your patch and you will need to be full strenght to carry that sucker out of there. ;)

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hi Grubstake,

I surely do hope you will be feeling better soon!

I hope it wasn't because of your promotion!

I did put your papers in the mail today,

Just to make it all official.

Hope you wear it

With pride.

I did!

~LARGO~

Talked to Grubstake by phone today............He was in bed resting when I called but planned on being out there on Saturday. Honery ol fart, God bless him. Never quit, never quit only slow down to rest. Jerry

My uncle had a bad heart, he was 50 years old, the brother off the uncle{ALLEN} that I hunt with all the time, David, was his name, he was a competion coone hunter, raised coone dogs, and sold them, DR. said"David, if you don't stop hunting your going to die" David said that how I want to go. two months later while on a competion hunt, he sat down next to a tree, lite a cigarett and died. He went his way, I'm going mine. I'm going to hunt, until I can't thats the way it is. If I die out hunting, it will be a happy death. My way. Grubstake PS and yes I'm going SAT. but will have company.

You said before you have stents... are you on coumadin (sp) or other blood thinners? Make sure the dose is correct, not excessive (have your primary care dr review dose) and NO aspirin withoput Dr. permission!!!!

My old boss had a valve replaced and was on coumadin... started having TIAs etc, cracked up his car... 6 months later he was gone... I suspect the large hospital chain (which is to remain nameless) upped his dose to get his expensive chronic treatment off their books... they took TEN days to acknowlege his first (pretty big) stroke, when I called it within two sentences... over the PHONE!

Take care of yourself buddy! Don't overexert or get the heart pumping any more than you need to!

-Goldmember

Two Asprin a day, Plavix, cardura, and a bunch of other meds, now looks like either cumadin or another blood thinner too. won't know for 10 days, what they are going to do. They wanted me to stay in the hospital a few day, but I won't do it, thats where nasty things happen, the last time I spent more than a day in, I got a staff infection. Not for me, that was worse than what I was originally there for. They just reopen this one up here, had it closed for two weeks because of the NOrwalk virous. Nasty stuff. I'm better off at home. Grubstake PS yes I have 6 stents, and an artery thats 90% stoped up below two of them, to small an artery to do bypass on. DR. said I have what I have. Grubstake

Hi Grubstake,

Goldmember is correct, make sure your doctor knows you are taking aspirin and what size. Aspirin by itself is a very good blood thinner. Dosage as little as a baby aspirin can cause excessive bleeding if something happens.

If you are on a blood thinner also, you want to be especially careful.

Make sure all doctors know the dosage of everything your are taking. Too many blood thinners can be just as dangerous as not enough.

Have fun, but don't be careless.

Reg

Hay Grubstake,

Hope all is well now. I don't care for doctor's some are ok but most of them are pill pushers!

My brother-in-law passed away this morning. He was 59 had surgery on his shoulder and wrists and was not able to work. Was on disability and was waiting to get on medicare. Was driving home and his heart stopped and he busted a vien in his heart and that was the end of him and he totaled the car. Twice he colasped and was revived both times in the past 6 months but this time it was the end of him.

Bill