Grubstake was inthe emergency room all day today

If you mean WOODY WOODWORTH yes, only for about 20 years. I haven't seen him in a few years, almost 7, I heard he moved down south to the LA. area. But not sure. Grubstake

Yep, that's him. He still lives in the house he built by hand. He will be 92 on April 4. He's not getting around very well any more. I call him every Sunday to check on him. He'd probably appreciate a call. Betty was 87 on Feb 12. I'm known him at least 20 years also. Last visit I had with him was on his 88 birthday.

Best wishes!

RSJ

Woody came down to Bagby, when I was the manager down there for about 6 years, I got a coupled detectors off of him, and got to hold the 5.9 ozer he found by accident, while demonstrating a gold detector down in the creek bed, at Coarsegold. also the one he found down by the lake between Bagby and coulterville. I got a picture here, of all the nuggets, including the Elpaso Camel. I will post them if I can scan the picture. Grubstake

Thanks grubstake!

Yep, they sure are purty. The first time I met woody he had just found the 9 oz camel in the el pasos.

I called him one day and he said you'd never believe it but just a couple of hours ago I found a 6 oz one behind the auto parts store while helping a fellow use his new detector.

He sure found a lot of nuggets in his day. He never used the Pi detectors just the old rotten vlfs. :rolleyes:

Best wishes!

RSJ

I got up this morning, and as soon as my feet hit the fool, so did I, my wife called the ambulance, I spent all day in the hospital, I had a TIA, or mini stroke, some short term memory loss. I got a shot of Heprin and they wanted to hold me over night, I said no1, I'm home now, feeling aliitle better. Can't hold me down, I have to go see my DR. tomarrow. I have a hunt this weekend with idredger and his partner Matt, I think. With my uncle coming to watch over me. One hell of a deal, when you can't remember stuff, but its coming back alittle at a time. Takes more than a stroke or heart attack to kill me off, I have too many people to teach how to look for nugget, before I go. Someone out there at Rich Hill Kick Shep for me, its his fault, he didn't take me with him. Ha! Ha! Grubstake :unsure::unsure::unsure::o

Hi Grubstake,

I hope you are getting along OK.

I have heard they have been getting good results treating people with stroke, by putting you in one of those decompression chambers like they use on divers to keep them from getting the bends.

Good luck and God Bless

Neil

That may be true, but this little town up here does not have anything like that, they only got a CT scanner up here last year, before that Merced 48 miles away was the closest. Most times when I have heart problems they send me to Fresno, a 100 miles away. Thats where my heart DR. is. Grubstake

Hey Grubsteak

I hope it has not affected your memory so bad that you can not remember i am paid in full for three days hunting lessons with you. Well even if it did I am sure you will honor it do to my being an honest man. :)

Get well soon, And i hope you are back out swinging the detector soon.