Grubstake has a secret strain of poison oak

We'll I got it. 15 years of betting thru the brush here in Northern CA I have never had poison oak. And I have rubbed agaist it before. It is a mild case but it is iriatating. I wonder if there is a different plant variety in the southern motherlode than up here in the northern? ! day with Grubstake and boom ( a rash)

...and you'll keep getting it from your steering wheel, the chair you sit in, clothes you were wearing, your detector and digging tools. Technu really works. I leave my clothes alone for about a month before I wear them again if I've been in it and that seems to help too. It is the worst right before it starts to go away, and it seems to be about 10-12 days for me to max out. When you itch it you just spread the oils around. I think I get it mostly from the roots so I wear latex or those blue gloves and then throw them away so I don't get the car contaminated. Hang in there.

Poison oak is wierd stuff. I usually get it when I haven't been exposed to in for a while. Then once it's almost healed up, I seem to have some sort of immunity. Just need to keep exposing myself to it, and all is good. Go figure.

Alcohol won't get it all. Fels Naptha soap won't get it all. You gotta get that special soap because nothing takes it off very well. Think of the sap like paint or tar, it gets everywhere. Go to the drugstore and get Technu. That stuff works, saves me everytime. The forest service uses Technu. And I don't own any stock in the company just trying to hep ya out :rolleyes:

OMG! I was just camping at Monte Christo, there is a bumper crop growing along the river! I am soooo suceptible! I'm going to try exposing myself to small amounts to build up immunity.

Someone here also told me to watch out for SQUAW BUSH, which reportedly grows in the san gabriels.

The worst is when you don't know its on your hands... everything you touch... gets poison oak! EVERYTHING! :o

-Goldmember

You're right on spot goldmember! Even the gold! Stay clear of that nasty stuff around here. Leave a yeller flag over any targets and co-ordinates and we'll have Grubby dig it. Grubby will dig anything :rolleyes: