Last Sunday's Hunt at Rich Hill

• Admin

Hello All,

Last Sunday Leaverite, AZProspectorBilly and I got together for a hunt. Billy met up with us on this hunt and picked up his new Coiltek 14-inch Mono Searchcoil. We worked some different spots on the 24K claims and didn't have any luck so we decided to hit an old patch. This spot has been worked, worked and re-worked by every type of detector. Funny, even though the spot has been hammered, we all found at least one nugget in the patch.

I ended up with two smaller nuggets, Billy found his first Rich Hill nugget and Leaverite scored one. All from the same patch area. Leaverite and I were using GPX-4000's and Billy was swinging the GP Extreme. We all were using the Coiltek 14-inch Mono Searchcoils.

Picture 1 are some of the gold nuggets Leaverite has found recently at the hill. Picture 2 are the nuggets from Sunday.

A patch is never worked out ...

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Gary,

If I remember correctly I was still finding them down to that size. However, you have to run the GP3000 in the Sensitive mode and in Mono. You also have to pay attention, since smaller nuggets don't just scream at you like a larger one near the surface would.

I really like both coils you're asking about, Coiltek 14-inch Mono Round and the Coiltek Mini UFO Elliptical Mono.

I would give the senstivity edge to the Mini UFO due to the elliptical design and a slight depth advantage to the 14-inch Round.

If you're interested in either coil I have them in stock and also including a FREE Kangaroo Nugget Pouch with any coil purchase over $220.

P.S. If I had my old PC hooked up here I could go back 3-4 years and see what I was finding with the GP3000. I know I found hundreds of little ones with it though.

Hope I was able to help a bit,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Billy,

It's very possible. The biggest nugget I know was 4.5 ounces, but several 1 & 2 ouncers were found there. That area has been hit hard, but for anyone that is very persistant and methodical with a metal detector will find more.

Give the spot another shot when you get time.

Rob Allison