Walco Pick

Dustin, just grind the head off of the rivet, and take a punch and knock it out, go get you a fiberglass sledge hammer handle and shape it to fit, drill a hole and put a bolt through it. make sure get get a case hardened bolt. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Dustin,

Nope, Walco only makes up to the 23-inch handle. Hodan makes the 36-inch "Walking Pick," but the handle isn't as thick as the Walco's. My favorite is the 21-inch Walco. Been using mine for over 3 years and it's stronger than any other pick I've tried.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hi,

I did the same as grubstake, but I used a hickory sledge hammr handle I got at Home Depot. If you use a bolt and nut you can put the short handle back on if you wish.

I favor long handle picks as I really do use them on steep sidehills to steady myself. They are also easier on the back when digging.

Steve Herschbach

I got a fibreglass maul handle from Home Depot...Had to grind it down a bit to fit into the Walco head...It's great because you don't get the splinters when it dries out from the AZ sunshine...I'm due a new pick head cause my Walco's just about all wore out...Sure have dug lots of nuggets with it...Cheers, Unc

Hi, you may not have concidered this but when you switch to a long handled pick the holster is no longer nessesary. you will just be tripping over it, (The handle) You will be carrying the pick in your hand most of the time.I discovered this a long time ago after I swiched to Minelab and had to start digging deeper holes. ;):)

AzNuggetBob