Hey Joeforgold!

Got a chance to try out your pick today. Didn't have a long time to think before getting to use it (a day) about how light it was and how it probably wouldn't hold up. Looking at it, probably wouldn't move that much material, but had to give it a try.

Now ground was still a bit moist, but there are rocks that still have to be pried out to find the target.

Worked excellent for me! I'm a Happy dog!

We hit a "new area" and it worked to all my expectations. Doesn't seem to like big gold yet, but what the hay! 5 pieces= 6.1 dwt!

Only 2 b------ about it. First it's not very photogenic (sp?) that's why I had to include a pic of the nuggets on the 14"E NF mono coil. and on the way out it was a bit too short to use as a walking stick (my fault lack of communications) so I flicked it on my belt. Anyway, I cut down to the trail a bit too soon, got into the motherload of poison oak (detecting on the way, mind you); but a good target again (when I finally found the trail), went for the pick and it was gone. Backtracked thru the P.O., finally found the pick. Red handle didn't help as I thought it would, sun caught the blade sticking up just right and we're Happy again!

Nuggets soaking in soapy water and I've run thru my first wash w/ Technu (love that stuff!)

post-55-1174184506_thumb.jpg

post-55-1174184563_thumb.jpg

Yep, I got skunked again, thanks to Shep, Jerry {Pondmn} was not feeling well , so he called me this morning, and said he was going to stay home. Shep, that Greedy kid, got both mine and Jerry's nuggets. But it couldn't happen to a better person. My mind is on other things, it was good to get out, but hard to keep my mind on the hunt. No I don't get pioson OAK! I just leave it for Shep and everyone else to bring home. :P:P:P:P:P:P:lol::lol::lol: Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Shep,

Congrats on the new gold nuggets you found. I also have one of Joe's picks, but haven't used it much lately. Been working a lot of hours, so I have less nugget hunting time.

I did get out to a small wash today where my partner just picked up almost 1/2 ounce of nice nuggets, but I didn't find anything but deep trash. :(

Heading out tomorrow to show a new customer how to run his GPX-4000. Maybe I will find a dink or two.

P.S. Grubstake, I know what you mean about being focused and nugget hunting, if your mind is not in it, it's hard to hunt. Been there and done that a lot lately.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Grubstake it's ok if Shep gets a few nuggets on us, at least we will not get poison oak on our winkie...........Sounds like to poison oak was really bad Shep or is there another way around it. Look's like the gold was small but plentiful. You are just lucky I got sick and wimped out so you could get a few extra nuggets.

BREAKING NEWS! I talked to Allen tonight, my uncle, for the first time in many years, he go pioson Oak on his arm, last time out. I guess its a bad P.O. season. After this fund raiser for my sister in law thats dieing of terminal cancer, maybe I can get my head striaght. I hope. Grubstake

Shep,

I am sure glad you got [the Hermit pick] and even better that you got out and got some gold with it. Wear it out I will build you another one. Those things are not afraid of gold and I sure hope you get a really nice one out of that patch you guys are into. Wish I was there with you and I have my fingers crossed that Gary Grubsteak gets a great big piece of gold out of there and soon.

-Joe

I gota tell I dont miss that poisin oak/ivy from my Calif huntin days. Im not sayin I like jumpin cholla better but that oak stuff transfers off of everything?? I got it changing a tire once. Same way with cholla but at least you can see the cholla. :blink: AzNuggetBob

Well since we are discussiog the S/W 500mag, I would like to say that this is one mighty fine firearm. I did'nt know what to expect the first time I shot it. Squeezed off a shot, and was hooked. Now if you go and squeeze of 5 one right after another without resting, you may be sore the next day. But Joe say's that your own damn fault. :lol::lol::lol:

O'29er in 29 B)

http://www.biggerhammer.net/videos/birdman_nuke50.mov

You have to click on the > arrow to make it play, otherwise the picture just shows up.

Somebody posted this a while ago and I thought it was so funny I saved it. I think this is a .50 bmg

It's on the list not to own here in CA. A 12 guage is plenty of power and still legal here in Cowlifornea like Arnold says