Getting back to detecting.

I haven't used my old goldbug in 15 or more years.It used to be part of my arm for 30 or 40 hours a week.

It helped my find the hardrock mine that I have worked for the past 15 years.

Last May I injured my back and I'm finally getting around good again so I figured it would be a good time to pick up the detector and start looking for nuggets again.

Now the old Goldbug is making funny noises and shuts off when I'm running it.

I'm sure it is time for a new detector.

I can tell I've been out of the loop for some time.When I quit detecting Whites had the Gold Master and Minelab had the xt 1700 (I think thats right ).

Now it's all new to me.

I have alot of faith in Fisher but someone told me they have been bought out by another company.

I'm looking to bye a new detector.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.(I'm looking for your opinion)

I will be deteting in the California Mother Lode.Mostly old mines and tailings.

Thanks for your help, Miner Matt

Mariposa,CA

Matt,

Like Slim, I have a Gold Bug 2 and a Minelab GP Extreme. As for a VLF machine, the Gold Bug 2 is hard to beat. As for a PI unit, any GP series Minelab is outstanding. I love the combo I have. Just my 2 cents worth.

O'29er in 29

Matt, there is a fellow there in Mariposa by the name of Gerry Edwards. I believe that he has had great sucess with the White's GMT and MXT. You might look him up. There is also a fellow that goes by the handle of grubstake around there that might help you decide on which detector works well around there. I think he was using a Minelab SD2200 and then upgraded to a GP extreme recently.

Any way good luck.

RSJ