Well folks it seems that old Micro-Nugget did some thinking on our hardrock stories that Paleface and I shared at Gold Basin.. We went out Fri-Sun., was going to stay til today(Monday) but we got rained out :angry: . Anyway back to my story. Micro-Nugget took one look at all that calcahi bottom and thought it was pick and shovel time :o . I told him no way I got a good stopping hammer, howbeit, electric. Well that old boy took to that hammer as if he was born to it. Here's a couple pictures for you. Micro-Nugget will post pictures of the gold on the WSPA site. The gold was very sweet and rough, hadn't traveled very far at all.

O'29er B)

Well folks it seems that old Micro-Nugget did some thinking on our hardrock stories that Paleface and I shared at Gold Basin.. We went out Fri-Sun., was going to stay til today(Monday) but we got rained out :angry: . Anyway back to my story. Micro-Nugget took one look at all that calcahi bottom and thought it was pick and shovel time :o . I told him no way I got a good stopping hammer, howbeit, electric. Well that old boy took to that hammer as if he was born to it. Here's a couple pictures for you. Micro-Nugget will post pictures of the gold on the WSPA site. The gold was very sweet and rough, hadn't traveled very far at all.

O'29er B)

wow looks like yall had one hell of a time out there!!! Id love to see the gold you found :)

out of curosity, what do you mean by "calcahi bottom" and why would that make you want to dig into the bedrock?

wow looks like yall had one hell of a time out there!!! Id love to see the gold you found :)

out of curosity, what do you mean by "calcahi bottom" and why would that make you want to dig into the bedrock?

Zippoz,

In the simplest of terms, calcahi is a combinnation of silca and clay which hardens like concrete. It will form false bedrock bottoms because nothing can get thru it so gold gets stopped by it. It also will carry gold; small to large pieces. In the area I'm working, the calcahi layer is between 18-24 inches thick and lays on top of the bedrock. So we know that when we reach the bolders(or large rocks) we know the material from there on is workable. If we want to settle for small gold, the size of bb's or 1/2dwt we can work the rocks and gravel, but to get to the larger gold we need to work the calcahi down to bedrock. I hope this answers your question. If you have more feel free to ask

O'29er in 29

Zippoz,

In the simplest of terms, calcahi is a combinnation of silca and clay which hardens like concrete. It will form false bedrock bottoms because nothing can get thru it so gold gets stopped by it. It also will carry gold; small to large pieces. In the area I'm working, the calcahi layer is between 18-24 inches thick and lays on top of the bedrock. So we know that when we reach the bolders(or large rocks) we know the material from there on is workable. If we want to settle for small gold, the size of bb's or 1/2dwt we can work the rocks and gravel, but to get to the larger gold we need to work the calcahi down to bedrock. I hope this answers your question. If you have more feel free to ask

O'29er in 29

yeah, that all makes sense, Thanks!!! But now that i understand what it is, Im wondering how it came to be...

so..... was this Cahcahi origonally basicallyl the same material as the rocks and gravel above the bedrock, but hardened over time?

peace

Zippoz

Bob, was thinking of a place to venture to, for Memorial weekend; but beleive we need to hang around here for a bit. I'd like to some time, donate my back (for as long as it would last) to help with that jackhammer and learn from you. Keep us posted and best of luck!

Very interesting to me-

Bob, was thinking of a place to venture to, for Memorial weekend; but beleive we need to hang around here for a bit. I'd like to some time, donate my back (for as long as it would last) to help with that jackhammer and learn from you. Keep us posted and best of luck!

Very interesting to me-

Shep,

I see a trade in the future. I'll come your way and you can help me with the Extreme and than come my way and I teach you the fine art of desert placering. The best part, NO POISON OAK. This fall after the summer heat we can plan a 3-5 day camp out. Hit your way before it snows. Old Micro-Nugget will be tagging along too. I'm looking forward to meeting you and grub, and the others.....brain fart can't remember names.

29er

Hey Bob, looks as if you are doing well on the placering and thanks as always for the great pics. You do a nice job of the photo's. I hope the Minelab is doing well for ya Bob and I am glad you got a Minelab PI finally. Ok Brother I just wanted to say howdy and I hope all you fella's have a great outing! God Bless Bob.

John Tomlinson,CET

John's Detectors

P=VI

Howdy Rob!

Guest keninla

Bob is good at finding gold. Also he is good at finding bees.

Sure wish I could get back out there but it seems that I have bitten off too many projects.

Bob, Good luck on the new hole you are diggin -

Ken

Bob is good at finding gold. Also he is good at finding bees.

Sure wish I could get back out there but it seems that I have bitten off too many projects.

Bob, Good luck on the new hole you are diggin -

Ken

Ken,

The strangest thing has happened so far this year, NO BEES!! I'm not sure as to why either. Of course they have been replaced by flies.

29er