Any word on the push?

Haven't heard any word about the 24K push that was setup on the west side of Rich Hill.

It was suppose to be this week. Did it happen and I beleive the day we can get on the claim is the 30th.

Anyone know the latest?

Iggy

• Admin

Hello Guys,

I was talking with Elly last weekend and she stated this Sunday (April 29th) the push on the West side of Rich Hill will be open to 24K members only. I never heard an update on what was found on the "Keene" push. Hopefully some nuggets were found.

Keep us updated if anyone makes it out there this coming weekend.

Rob Allison'

Rob,

Since you had talked with Elley is the push open to the 24K members 12:01AM sunday morning on..(it might be hot out there, an early start might be nice)... Or at a different time??????????????????? As the "keene" push 5 days ends sat midnight (I've been told)...........Wonderer

Well, there is a nice road going up there now and 2 huge pushes. My Samurai had no problem getting up there. I talked with 2 Keene people and they said they were diehards and added that most of the others had left, apparently empty handed. It has been really hot up here the past few days so I would imagine they left shortly after I did. All things considered, I'd say this turned out to be a great deal for 24 K members. There are 2 huge pushes and a nice new road to beep plus you can get right up there now.

• Admin

Hello Dakota,

If I can get all my school work done tonight (could be up very late), I will be out there checking out those pushes. Hard to believe not a single nugget was found. I've found some nice ones over there many years ago.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Yo All...Where exactly are the pushes on thw West side? Looking at the turkey foot are they left or right? I'd like to get out there, but I've been flat on my back with a twisted vertebrae for 9 days now....I may load up on pain killers and get out today somehow...Maybe LSD...Need some beepin' bad....Thanks...Cheers, Unc

Unc, the new road is not where you think it would be. At least I was amazed at where it is. If you are heading to DC from Stanton, you go all the way past the cattle guard and take the 1st left. The road will go up and fork. There is a 24K arrow directing you up to the pushes. You will see the 1st push and then the road continues on down (long way) to the 2nd push.

Wow, I just looked at them with my binoculars from Wickenburg...I can see both pushes and the new road clearly...That's some big pushes....I guess maybe the Keene folks are more into dredging & drywashing than beeping :rolleyes: ...There ought to be some good gold there on those spots...Cheers, Unc

I just got back from the Keene outing today. There was only one verifiable find of about .2 grams on the new push that I saw that came out of the road. There were only a few people that truly knew what they were doing with their detectors in the group. I managed 5 little ones with my 4K for the week including 2 from pushes 2 and 5 (I joined 24K the day after the west side push) but nothing from the new pushes. Elly felt so bad that there were no nuggets found that she opened the east non-push area to the group. One guy found a stunning 5 gram piece on the hill, put it in a big vial and then promptly lost it out of his pocket in camp within an hour. Someone picked it up and never said a word :( . Very sad for him! I am really looking forward to the pushes in the fall since Elly intends to re-push all 5 existing pushes and open them all the same day. Should be really fun with less interference from other detectors.

Elly was looking for someone to talk with the Keene folks about detecting on Rich Hill and, as finder of the biggest nugget this season, I volunteered. I gave a little seminar over at the LDMA on Wednesday morning. The only machines I saw appeared to be .... well, not Gold Bugs and not Minelabs. I didn't see all the machines by any means but I think what I saw was typical of what they had. I'm pretty sure that is one reason they didn't do so good.

I can't say for sure, but it appeared that some of them had unrealistic expectations about how well they would do.

Hi all,

Didn't find anything today (sunday), nuggets that is, just cat wiskers on the Rich Hill west ( "keene") push, Only saw 2 people up there.

One did find a nugget (about 1.5 grams), I'll let him post if he want's.

Expected more 24K people up there today, as this was the first day after the keene push closed to the outing & opened to the 24K members --- but it is getting hot out there <_< ..............wonderer :)

• Admin

Hello Guys,

My partner recently found a 1 Dwt nugget toward the edge of the new pushes. A couple of 1 - 1.5 Dwters have been found and several dinks. I would guess about 8-10 nuggets were recovered from the West side pushes. My partner mentioned there was still grass clumps in the push, so sounds like they just pushed the boulders off. I'm sure once the push gets deeper more nuggets will be recovered.

Take care,

Rob Allison

BTW, there is only one legal way to get to the new pushes because of the private land on the hill. The new road in entirely on BLM land. If you pass Stanton heading for Decision Corner, go all the way down past the cattle guard and take the 1st left. There is a 24K sign on the right side of the road at that spot.

*A ways up that road you will come to a barbed wire gate. Be sure to close the gate when you go in or out.

BTW, there is only one legal way to get to the new pushes because of the private land on the hill. The new road in entirely on BLM land. If you pass Stanton heading for Decision Corner, go all the way down past the cattle guard and take the 1st left. There is a 24K sign on the right side of the road at that spot.

*A ways up that road you will come to a barbed wire gate. Be sure to close the gate when you go in or out.

SURE, LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG.....