4.00 a gallon

Gas out in the LA area now is about $4.00 per gallon. What are you guys paying out in Arizona?

This is getting to be ridiculous

Ken

PS. my screen name now is kcoulson- used to be keninla but somehow that got deleted, still don't know what happened.

Guest sandtrap

Boycott buying gas on MAY 15th. If everyone did this, there would be a glut of gas.. Just one day, should bring the prices down- at least for awhile..

NO GAS ON MAY 15 TH. !! :angry:

Boycott buying gas on MAY 15th. If everyone did this, there would be a glut of gas.. Just one day, should bring the prices down- at least for awhile..

NO GAS ON MAY 15 TH. !! :angry:

actually, this isnt the case

as long as people continue with their normal driving habbits, there will be no change in the amount of gas purchased, and in the end, no change in the amount of gas used, and purchased.

Personally i have owned and operated 5 alternative fuel vehicles. Im not talking about ethanol, im talking about running on Bio-diesel and Straight Vegetable oil

I have driven over 10,000 miles on fuel that i made myself from old and FREE deep fryer oil. In the end i ended up paying about 10 cents a gallon just for processing and filtering of the oil oil, which is a very simple thing to do.

i suggest that you all check out this site www.greasecar.com

I am their authorised Installer for the State of Arizona, and if any of you want to get off your oil addiction, and start driving your car for free on a fuel that does not contribute to global warming, I highly suggest that you check it out.

actually, this isnt the case

as long as people continue with their normal driving habbits, there will be no change in the amount of gas purchased, and in the end, no change in the amount of gas used, and purchased.

Personally i have owned and operated 5 alternative fuel vehicles. Im not talking about ethanol, im talking about running on Bio-diesel and Straight Vegetable oil

I have driven over 10,000 miles on fuel that i made myself from old and FREE deep fryer oil. In the end i ended up paying about 10 cents a gallon just for processing and filtering of the oil oil, which is a very simple thing to do.

i suggest that you all check out this site www.greasecar.com

I am their authorised Installer for the State of Arizona, and if any of you want to get off your oil addiction, and start driving your car for free on a fuel that does not contribute to global warming, I highly suggest that you check it out.

I appload your efforts but I don't think deep fryer oil is a solution for the masses. As soon as more than a few people do it the oil will be unavailable.

Ken

I appload your efforts but I don't think deep fryer oil is a solution for the masses. As soon as more than a few people do it the oil will be unavailable.

Ken

to a point, but, lets be honest here.... there is alot of this stuff available.

every resturant that serves deep fried food is actually putting out abo 40 gallons a week of this stuff, multiply that by the amount of resturants in your direct area, and thats a lot of oil.

also, alot of people are just too damn lazy to actually get around to doing the work of prepairing the oil. As it stands currently, this is a great solution for anyone that is interested, there is far more oil available than is being used.

i suppose what im saying is, if you dont want to pay the high gas price, you dont have to.

also as for a solution to the masses, as more people get into it, we will see a shift in agricultural production. The same way that we are seeing more corn farming due to the increased demand for ethanol.

Right now it's ranging from $2.89 to $3.09 for the cheap stuff - Provo, Utah prices.

Try this link for finding the cheapest gas stations in a town near you. It shows the station's address plus the day and time the price was recorded as well.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/gasprices/states/index.shtml

Guest sandtrap

With the attitudes out here, in M ifornia, I doubt if I could use what you say , Zippoz.

The liberals out here frown on all things not to their liking, no matter how good..

YOU'D BE SURPRISED AT how many celebs do the cooking grease thing. the best way to tell that someone is using it are the bacon and oriental food smells on the road, and in someone's backyard, where some recipes call for a still. actually, the process pays both ways, as the glycerine that floats on top is skimmed off and sold to soap and cosmetic suppliers, while the liquids below go into the tank of a diesel.

It's amazing the the state that gets it from teh ground, is the one that has the highest gas expenses. The real reason for that is that no one in CA wants to allow the building a new refineries (the last new one was in 1969), and the cracking process is so much more effeicient now than then. As NV and Western AZ is on that loop, suppliers would rather sell to calif's as they can make more profit. The az gas is a bit cheaper than LV, only because LV and Clark County taxes about $.58/gallon, plus the fed tax.

If you plan on looking into gooking (cooking) grease as fuel, it is more economical as its BTu's are higher, giving more go per gallon than regular diesel. besides, the deisel was invented in the first place, to run on grease and waste oils as an environmental solution. But due to convenience, big oil got into the loop, and the people of today (maybe not YOU) have less of a brain than those of the past, and cannot think or reason as well- maybe MTV, hiphop, and TV's to blame; or even big oil diesel fumes...

Its great stuff, but there needs to be a clarification made between SVO (straight vegetable oil) and bio-diesel

bio diesel is made by reacting methoxide (a mixture of methanol and lye) with new or used vegetable oil, creating a layer of glycerine (can be turned into soap) and bio-diesel this can be blended diesel and used in any diesel car without modification.

SVO or straight vegetable oil can be used without chemical modification, however it usually requires modification of the vehicles fuel system so that the oil is heated before injection to lower its viscosity (thickness) so that it burns properly

ive done both, they all work great.

anyone can do it in their garage, or in their back yard, hell some even do it in their trunk.

peace

zip

Its great stuff, but there needs to be a clarification made between SVO (straight vegetable oil) and bio-diesel

bio diesel is made by reacting methoxide (a mixture of methanol and lye) with new or used vegetable oil, creating a layer of glycerine (can be turned into soap) and bio-diesel this can be blended diesel and used in any diesel car without modification.

SVO or straight vegetable oil can be used without chemical modification, however it usually requires modification of the vehicles fuel system so that the oil is heated before injection to lower its viscosity (thickness) so that it burns properly

ive done both, they all work great.

anyone can do it in their garage, or in their back yard, hell some even do it in their trunk.

peace

zip

and what about us folks that don't have a diesel engine??