If you aways wanted a generator at low cost and also has dc outlet with a cord plus clips on the end.Then you need to check out Harbor Freight Store.I just got this little generator that puts out 1000 watts of power and is low noise plus a low price of two hundred.Like I said it also has the dc power next to ac but has a different type of plug for it.You can get extended service protection for a year are two if you want.

This is what I call a poor mans tool store.Something I forgot to say was its engine is 2 1/2 hp 4 cycle.Go to www.harborfreightusa.com/

I sent a email to paratrooper forgot the usa on the end,sorry.

I got this for my home made travel trailer.Now I can run my micro,electric oven,electric hot plate and recharge my battery for my TV.I've come along ways baby from sleeping in a tent and cooking over open fire.

It's going to be harder now to get my butt out on those cold days to nugget hunt but I love doing it more.

Chuck Anders

Thanks for letting me know that it works okay. I got one ordered. Had a 10 buck certificate that I actually found that was lying around. Got some other stuff too. Battery charging and cooking with a microwave while camping, that's pretty fancy. Randy

I have a 35' motorhome and the best investment I've made was solar panels (100 watt and 60 watt), a couple 6 volt golf cart batteries (Interstate U2200's), and a few inverters. You can buy (RayoVac) mini power inverters that draw very little juice and will run a computer, tv and all kinds of stuff for under $5 on ebay.

I have a 7 KW generator that burns over a gallon an hour but I only run it once a month for about a half hour to keep it exercised. I'd get one of those small generators but I'd hardly ever use it.

As for microwaves & ovens, be sure the generator can handle them. You may also want to consider a good 10/20/30 Amp battery charger. They will run off your generator and probably charge the battery faster that the 12 volt leads will.

Acronn

The one I got started up right away.I like the dc on it to charge a battery I've got hook to a inverter.Check the watts on anything you buy to run with it.For the price I can buy three are four to one Honda and do the same job.

If anyone want's to look at one then the product sku#is 94678 and I paid 199.99 before sales tax.

Good luck with yours Acronn!

Chuck Anders

Hey guys. Please let us know how many hours to the gallon you get with those generators and if you have any problems down the road. Hours to the gallon, dependability and lifetime expectancy are important factors.

Slim,

I have the big brother to this one(3000w peak). I've used mine now for 2 years running a small demolation hammer and construction lites and have had no problems at all. I have 96 hours on it so far and they have been hard hours. I was thinking about getting the small one just for my hammer. The small one weighs 54 pounds and mine weighs 110 pounds.

Bob

Beware, I was looking at one of those cheap chinese generators today. This particular one was small and light, 1100 watts, but it was a 2-stroke, oil premix. Reading the fine print, it stated, durability 50 hours!

Coleman used to sell a really nifty compact generator... wonder if they still do..?

-Goldmember

right on. looking for one too! the kid is in a rock band and the neighbors are having a cow. figured I could load up all their stuff in my mining trailer and hit out for some park or somewhere so they can practice in peace.

I had thought of a china diesel, that can handle anything that burns as a fuel, but they aint excatly portable. I like the 29 P idea. Maybe I'll have to come out and work on the rock pile as payback...