Another personal Mode

Well since I run an amp, and like the option of useing a speaker sometimes, I decided to mode m,y speaker, with an on-off switch and a headphone jack, that way I can toggle the speaker on and off, and jack my headphones right into the speaker, with out taking my pack off and taking one jack out of the battery and switching to the other. I just turn the speaker off or on with the switch and can plug my headphones into the speaker. Pictures. Grubstake

Yeh Shep I am, just figured I don't want to kee taking my pack off to switch from head phones to speaker, this way the headphones will be in front, where I can have control of the cord, instead of in the back where it gets hung up on the brush. Grubstake

Guest Mike C...

Hi Grub nice MODD ;) but I still use headphones-loud speakers in the middle of no where give you away-I've been out and heard them before-plus there annoying if your hunting with someone else <_< -Mike C... B)

I agree, with that, but it is nice when out by yourself, or out in the desert far away from everyone. Handy for pinpionting to. 99.9% of the time I'm useing headphones, just wanted the option of having the speaker if I want. Grubstake

Well since I run an amp, and like the option of useing a speaker sometimes, I decided to mode m,y speaker, with an on-off switch and a headphone jack, that way I can toggle the speaker on and off, and jack my headphones right into the speaker, with out taking my pack off and taking one jack out of the battery and switching to the other. I just turn the speaker off or on with the switch and can plug my headphones into the speaker. Pictures. Grubstake

Grubby, Do you ese a regular speaker? and how do you amp it up. Coach :D

I have one of the new coiltek amp and speaker systems from Rob and DOC's forum. It's like the old coiltek amp, but beefed up to drive the speaker. DOC made me a gift of one, last winter when he came out to hunt, an early Christmas present. I love it. Grubstake

I have one of the new coiltek amp and speaker systems from Rob and DOC's forum. It's like the old coiltek amp, but beefed up to drive the speaker. DOC made me a gift of one, last winter when he came out to hunt, an early Christmas present. I love it. Grubstake

Thank you for the tip! Coach :D

Your welcome coach, Mine works great, Pondmn and Shep have seen it in action, sure helps to keep yur stuff from getting tangled, only have to pulg in the speaker wire, and its nice having you headphone wire in front, instead of running down the back. I put mine under my cross strap, it keeps it in plach. Grubstake