any news from Moore Creek?

I hope to hit Alaska mid-July for a nice cool week out of the Arizona heat. Don't know how many others are going, but at Moore Creek you can just wonder off and hunt for most of the day with all the light up there. Some days last year I don't think I saw anyone for hours on end.

Hi,

Just got back. Short answer is weather is great and bugs are minimal. Huge improvements have been made to the facilities. And with over two days of hunting left in the first week 22 nuggets have been found with a total weight of just over 8 ounces. The GPX-4000 rocks at Moore Creek!

More later...

Steve Herschbach

Moore Creek Mining LLC

• Admin

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the update. Hope to see some pictures and more about the first week soon. Good to hear the GPX-4000's are doing well at Moore Creek. I know I recently sold 5-6 just specifically for your Moore Creek trip. Glenn is coming over before he leaves to get his GPX-4000 also. :D

Wishing you all well,

Rob Allison

Steve is correct some very nice additions to the camp have been made, we had a great and challenging trip flew in some new equip courtesy of Wild Bill and his Skyvan worked some long hard hours to accomplish this but I wouldn't have missed it for the world......GPX 4000 is an awesome unit for sure, had some luck just walking around places I had hunted before and I didnt get far from camp. The amount of gold that has been found already near camp is amazing.....HH...Geo

post-160-1181585773_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the update Steve, looking forward to the rest of the story.

Way to go George! Nice solid looking pieces you found. I may never make it back up there but I'm sure thankful I managed to do it once, and you made it that much more enjoyable for me. Congrats on the nuggets. Later...Jim P.

Hi,

The guys are getting pretty spoiled this year. I am doing what I refused to promise anyone I would do - use the bulldozer to groom up new ground near camp. The reason I would not commit to that is I simply could not forsee what might happen. We got the dozer stuck so bad last week I feared it might be parked most of the summer. No, I was not driving! The point being that if we had not got the new excavator onsite and running we would not have been able to dig that dozer out and so it would have been out of business until we dug it out by hand.

But get it out we did and so we not only groomed up a lot of ground near camp but cleared the old road system for about two miles below camp. That is a strip the width of a D9 blade two miles long, much of it through some good gold producing areas. You can easily drive an ATV down to Dean's Hill where the 6 ozer got found below the old townsite. The same hill Rich Lampright scored on. The road continues down but has some soft areas we need to work on later.

The plan is to spend a day each week this season grooming areas up with the dozer for the people to hunt. We also are stripping overburden off the highbanker areas with the excavator. So I expect we will have some good results reported later this week when some guys come out. Although I think three people from Week 1 and staying for Week 2 also.

More later...

Steve Herschbach

Moore Creek Mining LLC