GRUBSTAKE'S GPX4000 ...

• Admin

Hello All,

Just wanted to post a picture of Grubstake Gary. He's one of the best guys I have met in the last 10 years. Here's a picture of him posing with his new Minelab GPX-4000 and Coiltek Platypus Searchcoil.

Hope you found some gold today,

Rob Allison

Hello All,

Just wanted to post a picture of Grubstake Gary. He's one of the best guys I have met in the last 10 years. Here's a picture of him posing with his new Minelab GPX-4000 and Coiltek Platypus Searchcoil.

Hope you found some gold today,

Rob Allison

SON OF A BISCUIT!!!!!!

Rob,

Warn us before you post a shocking photo like that on a public forum!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Looks like the GPX $000 Posse had a good workout today!

hey grubstake, glad to see ya got the 4000, cant wait to see all the great nugs you find with it. its great to see the pics of the stuff u guys find.i cant wait for fall so i can start beepin again. wish you the best of luck, tool

I love the 4000, but like any other detector, you have to get the coil over the gold, so far nada. I love how smooth it is, and have it down pretty pat. I used Jers before I got this one, for one days hunt, found two nuggets with his. So thats what put me over the edge on getting one, I just couldn't beleive the difference between my old 2200 and the 4000. Like living with Blck and white TV., And then all of a sudden, you turn it on and its color> Bam! It don't take a hammer to hit me in the head, to know the benefits of the 4000. Like they said one small step for man- one giant leap for nugget hunters. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

Yep, the GPX-4000 is revolutionary! However, if you can't afford a GP series or the GPX-4000, the SD2100v2 is the second best choice.

I still sell a lot of SD2100v2 over the SD2200v2's. For the difference in price ($1,695 - $2,195), you can get the SD2100, Coiltek Li-Ion System, Good Mono Searchcoil and some other small goodies for less than you can purchase the SD2200v2. The SD2100 is the better buy and with the Li-Ion System in 7.3v setting and a good mono you're much better off than a stock SD2200v2. Just my two cents worth. ;)

The GPX-4000 are selling like Hotcakes. Just ordered a batch of 10 if that tells you anything. :o

Take care,

Rob Allison

Just got to remember, you got to be smarter than the machine! Last weekend, was trying some adjustments to the setting and way too sensitive!; fighting them hot rocks and not smart enough to make the changes that are so easy. Yesterday ran sensitive smooth and boost. Too noisy (even dropping the gain)! Changed to Quiet and could run 14 gain. Changed to normal and had to drop gain to 12, but was smooth. The bigger one was 4.9 dwt (mostly quartz) and at any setting, the 4000 would of picked it up (using my 'Paul Bunyan pick) moved a bush with no problem. The little guy, .6 dwt was kind of out in the open, but a faint constant signal. Both were found w/ the 14" coiltec round mono.

Rob, appreciate the tidbits of info you offered; Im just a slow learner-

post-55-1182134901_thumb.jpg

post-55-1182134922_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Shep - Nice nuggets you found there. I like the pieces with the Milky White Quartz! :D

T-Bone - I still have about 10-12 Hipsticks left in stock. I'm not sure if they are still being made or not. The maker kind of disappeared. :ph34r:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hip sticks work great out in the open; when you're crawling under the bushes, yer hydrapac hose, headphones, power cord is getting caught on everything- hipstick will be in the way. Hell, I was dig'n a target (a square nail (( but a pretty square nail!)) ) I noticed my 3 day old brand new watch was gone from my arm. Back traced where I'd been, it was hanging from a branch way back over there. Good Product, but has it's place.

Just thinking about the brush and losing things....Grubstake lost two plastic shovels yesterday and those weren't the first we lost. Then there's a GPS, a twoway radio, a saw and who knows what else. Some of the equipment has been found but some is still there. Today we find square nails, buttons, coins, ox shoes, wire, horseshoes and other things and in another generation someone will find a lost gps or twoway radio and laugh about their finds and put them in their trash bag and keep on hunting. We are just another cog in the cycle of the gold fields. Shep you sure put the skunk on us yesterday but another day is coming..nice nuggets Jer

I think Sheps pullin a quickie on us, you know he was there about two hours before we got there, I think he Brought them nuggets, just so he could say he didn't get skunked. :Grubstake

Them are fightin' words!!! :lol: I think I'll sit back and watch this catfight from a safe distance. :lol:

Shep,

Don't let Gary give you any crap! You tell him like it is. Jerry gave you those nuggets to cover your a$$. :lol:

Hi All,

Hey Rob didn't you see my post in your "How would you like to win a GPX 4000" thread?

Any update on that?

I've been crawling through allot of brush (no poison oak) lately and into a few holes.

nvchris

goodyears bar

post-573-1182295375_thumb.jpg

post-573-1182296181_thumb.jpg

underground placer near Forest CA

post-573-1182297562_thumb.jpg

Grubstake that is the first photos of your Trike i have seen. It sure is a clean one. WOW a GPX 4000. I am trying to get me a 2100 or 2200 again. someday i will have one of the big boys to use. but untill then i will just try to get another SD.