FIRST DAY ON CALI GOLD PATCH

• Admin

Hello All,

Grubstake's plan was to take Leaverite and I to three very well know nugget patches in California. The first patch we hit had history dating back several hundred years. The mines were very rich "Pocket" mines and were noted for highgrade specimen gold.

The area was pretty thick with vegitation, but with all the shallow prospects you just knew there were nuggets to be found! :D Grubstake gave us a short tour of the area and told us where other stuff has been found.

I first tried to use the Coiltek 14-inch Mono Round on the Minelab GPX-4000, but knew shortly this was a mistake. This ground was some of the most mineralized places I've ever hunted. This was also the first spot I couldn't use a Mono coil on the GPX-4000. Grubstake allowed me to borrow the Coiltek Wallaby DD Pro for this area and it worked great.

The second part of the day I went over and worked around some shallow prospects. Grubstake also mentioned this is where Shep found a really nice 1+ ounce nugget near some trash. I work the area very slowly and managed to snag one nice nugget from the area.

My overall goal was to find at least one piece of gold from each of the three famous gold locations. Leaverite also found a small nugget from this location around the same time I scored.

Here are some pictures -

Rob Allison

Rob and Dennis, tickled me, When I take someone with me, it takes planning, because of the access to private property, and I have tolet the owners know ahead of time. I have taken many people out there, everyone has found gold, either on there first or secound time out. This is where Shep got his Cherry busted and Jerry also. Brent found a small one and Flak did too. I have found pounds out there, not that you don't have to work for it, because its hard detecting, high grass and brush, lots of pioson oak. Kit Carson worked this property, and also discovered the Mariposa Mine here in town. all is on the original Frying Pan Land grant of John C. Fremont. This area is rich in history and in gold still. I'm a lucky person to have so many places to hunt and the friends I have, including Rob and Dennis. I hope when the fall weather sets in, they can both come back and hunt with me again. They have a standing offer to do so, when Robs schedual permits. I don't think I have hunted with a more fun bunch of guys, Shep and Jerry and my uncle, Rob and Dennis and of course me. What a team. One thing about me, is I really don't put on aires, what you see is real and its me. No apple pie in the sky. I'm just a fun loving OKIE, and honesty is the best when it comes to gold, You either get it or not, and it has been found on all the lands I hunt. Rob and Dennis are top notch guys, expert hunters and just all around fun guys for sure! You have my word, That if you buy from ROB, he will go the extra mile, i.e. customer service and standing behind what he sell. It was a very fun 4 days, I hope they enjoyed it as much as me. I love to find gold, but also love to see others find it too. Maybe more so. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

I'm just like you, love to see others find gold. If I didn't I would be in the business of selling metal detectors and accessories. Over the years I have seen hundreds of new customers find their first gold nugget(s) here in Arizona. I've seen more smiles than one can believe! :D

There are a few out there that believe I'm just into getting the gold and running, but have no clue what type of gold I've personally handed out over the years. Some of my close friends have found pounds and pounds of gold due to my help. Heck, at Rich Hill alone one "7-ounce" nugget was found in a spot I showed a person and two "5-ouncers." I couldn't tell you how many "1-ouncers" I've seen dug out of spots I've shown others. I might have found some of them, but sometimes it's just meant for others to find them and it's sure fun to see.

The real gold is the friendship, experiences shared and hunt. The little (sometimes big) yellow metallic rocks are just a bonus! :P

Take care,

Rob Allison

Ron, Pauls Valley, I lived in Stillwell for abit, all my family lives in Pauls Valley and my Dad lives in Dutch Mills Ak. My family came out to Ca. during the dust bowl days, and picked fruit and cotten, then moved to Monterey Ca, to work in the fish canneries. Some one once said have you read John stinbecks Tobaco road and Cannery row, Hell my family lived it. My grand father was a penticostal minester and my grand mother all my aunts uncles and my mom worked the fish canneries. I'm half Irish and half Cherokee. Grubstake

Ron, Pauls Valley, I lived in Stillwell for abit, all my family lives in Pauls Valley and my Dad lives in Dutch Mills Ak. My family came out to Ca. during the dust bowl days, and picked fruit and cotten, then moved to Monterey Ca, to work in the fish canneries. Some one once said have you read John stinbecks Tobaco road and Cannery row, Hell my family lived it. My grand father was a penticostal minester and my grand mother all my aunts uncles and my mom worked the fish canneries. I'm half Irish and half Cherokee. Grubstake

Hey Guubster! I Seen Ron Paul at the phoenix airport campaining on saturday. About 100 people there and lots of signs. Coach.... :rolleyes:

I'm a die hard Republican, I think if the demo's get in this country will really go to hell. I might have to move, Aus. is a posiblity. No not really, I will be here in Mariposa until I die, great little town, lots of gold, good people. Grubstake

My mother was born in Andarko, and all my family, thats still left, out there live in Pauls Vally. My wife never liked Stillwell, we sold our six ac. and moved back to Mariposa. Been here ever since, She is a West Virgina girl, Dosen't like them tornados, or golf ball sized hail. But loves Mariposa. Grubstake