New 4000 no longer a virgin

Well I got up at 4 am this morning, Shep got here about 4:45 and we took off to the patch, after about 20 minutes I hit a good sounding target, and it was. A 2.6 DWT solid gold nugget. Shep got one a little bit smaller too, at noon, I had all the fun I could stand for the day, I was out of water, I drank ,y hydration bladder full, two green tea's and two 16 oz waters bottles full, still sweating it out. Shep stayed longer as he like hunt and only gets one day a week. So I called him and told him I was leaving, to call me when he got off the the patch. Here's pictures of my nugget, I mean ROB's Ha! Ha!

grubstake,

Nice looking nugget :D ..................Glad your getting used to the new machine....... It's to hot & to far (expensive) to go out just for a few hours, here in AZ.............enjoy all your great posts----wonderer

Well the forst service and BLM closed down riding quads for now due to high fire danger, so that was prob. our last trip to that patch until SEPT. when the cooler weather and rains come. But we have other patches, and most are only like 10 minutes or less from my house. So its a hit and miss deal, on detecting here for a bit. Our prime months for detecting are Sept. thru May. Gas has dropped some, not much, but I did get it yesterday for $3.00 a gallon. Grubstake

Yeh, its funny how many bad targets you have to dig before you get a good one, I filled a nail pouch up with 22 short casings and bits of rusted metal, today myself. But thats all part of the game. THE THRILL OF THE SEARCH! Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

Congrats on the breaking in your new GPX-4000! :D I'm sure you're going to find many more in the near future.

Been working so much haven't been out nugget hunting much. Heading out in the morning in hopes of digging some yellow metal up. Haven't tried the new GPX-4000 in this spot, so I'm hoping to find some nuggets I missed.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Well, here's my little one- .6 dwt. Found w/ the 14" round mono in a spot where there were several dig holes all around.

I got JP's new disc's Friday night and just skimmed thru it. Tried some of his settings, but had to go back to quiet, sensitive smooth, very slow, w/ a gain of about 10-12. Will need to sit down and watch the entire tape to see what I was missing; but kept the skunk away again!

post-55-1183303183_thumb.jpg

Well, here's my little one- .6 dwt. Found w/ the 14" round mono in a spot where there were several dig holes all around.

I got JP's new disc's Friday night and just skimmed thru it. Tried some of his settings, but had to go back to quiet, sensitive smooth, very slow, w/ a gain of about 10-12. Will need to sit down and watch the entire tape to see what I was missing; but kept the skunk away again!

Nice one! Congrats to both you and grub...

What a great day when the whole "party" scores.

I just finished my chores and I am heading out again now....hopefully to rid myself of a 6 strait trip skunk.

I am heading 30 miles in the opposite direction today......I did not feel like yesterdays area was holding anything but lead and weird stufff.

Nice one Grubstake. I'm sure once you get used to all the bells and whistles you will be popping nuggets in the old spots again.

Here's a pic of a similar spoon I found a few years ago in a drywash pile. It looks like this one was being used as a digging tool. Later...Jim P.

post-25-1183391039_thumb.jpg