"OVER AN OUNCE OF NUGGETS FOUND TODAY!"

• Admin

Hello All,

This morning Glenn, Leaverite and I went back to a new spot that was recently found. Glenn actually found this spot years ago with a Fisher GoldStrike metal detector. He actually found his first biggest nugget in this wash, but couldn't find anymore. Glenn mentioned he went back into this wash with the GP3000 several years ago, but was unable to find a nugget.

All along the main wash the old-timers punched small prospect pits on small quartz veins. At first glance, the geology of the area doesn’t look real hot for gold, but then "gold is where you find it!" :D

All three of us hunted for about four hours. Glenn and I both found (8) apiece and Dennis found (4). However, Dennis dug up the best nugget weighing in at 7.3 Dwts (or 1/3 ounce). :o

<Pictured Below> Four nuggets on the left side of the coil are Leaverite's, eight nuggets (8+ Dwt's) on the right are Glenn's, the eight (8.3 Dwt's) I found are on the bottom.

Leaverite and I were using the Minelab GPX-4000's with Coiltek 14-inch Mono Searchcoils. Glenn was using his new GPX-4000 with my Coiltek R-Factor Mono. :ph34r:

Wishing you the best,

Rob Allison

Very Nice guys, Shep and I were going out today, but that got put on the back burner, I started having lots of chest pain, after dinner last night, throwing up and had to sleep sitting up, took 3 nitro, wife wanted to call an ambulance, I would not let her. finally I took one of my morifine pills and got to sleep at 3:30 this morning. Having kiddney problems and a bunch of other stuff going on, I had a Ct scan two days ago, and go in on the 23rd to get my prostrate reamed out. Not looking forward to that. My wife had to call Shep and tell him I couldn't go. I was going anyway, as he and I were both loaded up already, but she said"I'm putting my foot down this time! your not going" so I have been in bed on and off all day. Being sick is the Sh***. Rather be detecting. Grubstake

GOOD going guys makes me wonder how much gold I have left behind in the fisher gold strike fields :lol: Keep up the good work I love the pics of the gold in the ground :D . Brings back some good memories.

Happy Hunting

Brandon

thats one fantastic day guys way to go. i can see that i am going to have to upgrade from the 3000 to the 4000 as soon as i can put the cash together.enjoy your posts thanks for the forum. TooL

That is a really nice score for you guys, Rob.

Glenn actually found this spot years ago with a Fisher GoldStrike metal detector.

:o

Now, that says a lot for Glenn. Even more than the pound from Moore Creek a year ago.

About the only thing I'd like to do with a Fisher GoldStrike is "STRIKE" it against the ground, control box first. :lol:

• Admin

Hello Guys,

This spot really has opened my eyes to different spots I've seen in the past and just overlooked. I was checking out the geology and topo tonight and found other spots very similar in nature that need to be prospected this winter.

Brandon - The last couple of years Glenn, Leaverite and I have found some good spots. Working systematically as a team and sharing ideas really helps. Your new GPX is here whenever you want to come pick it up. :P

Grubstake - You better take it easy and rest my friend. Wishing you the best that your tests turn out good. Sure hope were able to hunt together again in the near future.

Tool - It's very hard to beat this new Minelab GPX-4000. If you're hunting mineralized ground for different sizes of nuggets, there isn't anything that can beat it. Some people keep talking about "Dealer Hype," but no one wants to share their patches. :D

Ted - Glenn is leaving for Moore Creek Monday morning. We will see what he can do with the GPX-4000. He doesn't think he can pull off another pound, but it only takes one nice nugget to do so. He will have the depth advantage this year with the GPX-4000 and the mono coil.

If there was one guy that loved the Fisher Goldstrike, it would be Glenn. I personally seen him find a lot of nuggets in the Bradshaw's with it. Richard Doherty also found a lot of nuggets with the same unit. They seemed to like the two tone feature for nuggets.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Yes I hope my test turn out ok too! And yes anytime you want, as soon as this hot weather gets out of here. 100+ is not good hunting weather, for me anyway, too hard on my heart. But cooler weather will surely get here, and then it will be prime time for up here. I love it after the first rains, it makes the targets smuch easyer to here, better depth, and much easyer digging. We have some new areas to explore, as soon as weather permits. And they have alot of promise. Much gold was taken from these areas in the past, during deprestion days and the 1800's. Big nuggets. I'm also working on getting into some more private land, that has not seen a detector before. Lots of things in the works. But will have to wait for the right weather. Grubstake

Wow Rob, you guys are really cleaning up, R-factor Mono? Hmm. :)

Wow Grubstake you're intrepid, I hope you are doing better, be careful with everything out there. I know you wouldn't mind going doing what you really enjoy, but your wife is probably right this time, judging from you description.

Regards,

Rex

Way to go guys! I knew there would be more, but I'm a little surprised at the size and number. Congrats to all of you. Thanks for the invite also but a guy has to have priorities. With a haul like you guy's had today I think my Son would have understood if I had gone with you. Go get some more. Later...Jim P.

What a great day's haul, you three....That had to be like getting over a big school of fighting fish...Haulin' in one after the other....Tell you what, Rob, to commorate your successes, send me the GPS coordinates and I'll make you up a special "One Ounce Patch" custom topo map.... :D:D;)B)

Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Leaverite and I went back this morning and done some more exploring. All the gold is local, coming from small stringers of quartz. Old-timers punched a lot of prospects on the veins. We found (12) gold nuggets from the nearby area for a total weight of just under 1/4 ounce.

Take a gander at the picture below, or the new post I placed up.

Rex - The "R-factor" was a coil that Coiltek designed a couple of years ago that never made production. I'm hoping Trev will consider the "Super Mono Pro" and "R-Factor" since the GPX-4000 perform best with a monoloop coil. Being the premier Coiltek dealer I get to test all the new stuff and give them my opinion on it.

Jim P. - Surprised the crap out of me when Leaverite dug the 1/3 ouncer! :blink: There are a lot of deep areas, so a bigger nugget could be hiding down on bedrock. You and your Son should drywash all the overburden off so Glenn can snip the bedrock free of nuggets. :D

Colorado Bob - Might have to bring in the heavy hitter, "Nugget" Bob to check out the slopes. Bob had a nose for hillside hunting. I'm more of a wash hunter, but trying to spend more time on the slopes in some areas. I'm sure there are nuggets on the hillsides in this area due to the character of the gold and the amount of prospects.

Mike C. - Thanks. You been out much lately?

Uncle Ron - Wouldn't want to show you the patch, would hate for you to waist your time with that SD2100! :P:D Just razzing you .... Sounds like your Custom Maps are selling well. I recommend them to most of the hunters I see in the field.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Shep,

Today Leaverite said he sure wishes he was back in California hunting. It's so freaking hot down here now! When it's 100 degrees outside, it's at least 150 degrees in the gullies. :(

Leaverite also said he loved everything about California besides your hard liquor. :P:D

P.S. Make sure you take care of my buddy Grubstake.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Shep, is that the picture your going to put on your nugget hunters ID card? I mean Drivers Lic. ? First time I've seen you in a wide brim hat. You look like an OLD 49er. even though I'm older than you, I still have my youthful appearance. :P:P:P:P:lol::lol::lol: Grubstake

Hello Shep,

Today Leaverite said he sure wishes he was back in California hunting. It's so freaking hot down here now! When it's 100 degrees outside, it's at least 150 degrees in the gullies. :(

Leaverite also said he loved everything about California besides your hard liquor. :P:D

P.S. Make sure you take care of my buddy Grubstake.

Take care,

Rob Allison

once again great haul!!!

Just curious were you finding trash out there too like lead etc?

I have an area I have been hunting that is known for gold.....but there are so many square nails and lead it's unreal......I heard someone say that's good because nobody has been over it with a beeper....

Is that the conventional wisdom?

once again great haul!!!

Just curious were you finding trash out there too like lead etc?

I have an area I have been hunting that is known for gold.....but there are so many square nails and lead it's unreal......I heard someone say that's good because nobody has been over it with a beeper....

Is that the conventional wisdom?

seems to be, but it doesn't make the task of going through the garbage any easier. This is also the part that discourages people so much they walk away from a potential treasure. In other cases, the detector is picking up on a good signal and gold, but some will hit the trash and stop looking farther down, missing a decent hit.

Square nails means some sort of bldg or permanent camp.

small little nails, aka hobnails, indicate lots of foot traffic

an encouragement: people drop a lot of stuff on trails and in camp, some of it very good ore, coins, valuables, and gold

Very Nice guys, Shep and I were going out today, but that got put on the back burner, I started having lots of chest pain, after dinner last night, throwing up and had to sleep sitting up, took 3 nitro, wife wanted to call an ambulance, I would not let her. finally I took one of my morifine pills and got to sleep at 3:30 this morning. Having kiddney problems and a bunch of other stuff going on, I had a Ct scan two days ago, and go in on the 23rd to get my prostrate reamed out. Not looking forward to that. My wife had to call Shep and tell him I couldn't go. I was going anyway, as he and I were both loaded up already, but she said"I'm putting my foot down this time! your not going" so I have been in bed on and off all day. Being sick is the Sh***. Rather be detecting. Grubstake

Lotsa luck in all. I really feel for you and the discouragement of it all.

I had my exploratory 'mapping' surgery a couple of weeks ago, that only took five hours in the operating room (normal people have this down in less than 45 minutes). In a couple of weeks from now, they'll be cracking my chest and cutting the piano wire that holds it shut.

as for the nitro, next time out, ask for the red bottle pump spray. it doesn't degrade like the pills, and get one for everyplace you may be, like the truck, mining kit, and the bedroom/bathroom.

• Admin

Hello DrKillStick,

I've only found a handful of spots over the years that were "Trash Free." Those spots are great cause every target is a nugget! Also, the oldtimers never found them, so there could be a lot of gold around. Most of the trash free spots that I have found have produced a 100 or more gold nuggets. :D

The spot we are currently working does have trash. The oldtimers never placered the wash, but did explore for the vein. Many prospects around the area, so we are finding a lot of tin, nails and some lead.

Trash can be a good thing, but doesn't guarantee there is gold. If the area is known for gold nuggets I would continue to dig the trash at least in the "likely looking" spots. These spots would be where the logical nugget(s) would be deposited. I guess I would call it selective digging.

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison

• 2 weeks later...