Shep strikes gold at the patch today!

Well Shep showed up at my house this morning at 4:45 Am, we loaded his stuff in my truck, in 15 minutes we were hunting the patch, It was hotter than what they said it was going to be, He found a little nugget about 11 am, I got skunked, and almost REALLY got Skunked, I was detecting along, and jammed my coil into a bush, and there was a real skunk under the bush. But he just sat there, I poked him with my coil, he wouldn't move, Finally I left the bush for a minute, and then went back. He was gone. Lucky for me I guess he did not spray me. A hot but fun day anyway, Shep had to go home the long way, We had a bad fire up here, and they had the Hwy blocked off for several hours. Grubstake

Grubstake,

Looks like lady luck was with both of ya ths morning, Shep found the alusive gold and you got a reprieve from the skunk :lol: Take care to stay hydrated in that heat down there (you already know that though).

Keep on beeping B) - Frosty

How did that old saying go? A bad day nugget hunting is better than a good day at work... NOT!!! lol I remember when I fished for a living and the wind was howling, the waves were breaking over the bow, my poor old body was getting slammed against the cabin over and over again...I would think how nice it used to be working for the man... :huh:

Your day is coming soon Grubstake! That monster nugget with your name is waiting for ya!

Good going Shep!

Grubby, you shoulda crawled in there and hugged that skunk, maybe given it a kiss and asked it if it wanted to go home with you. It woulda been in the next county in a heartbeat and KNOWN to get out of your way when you come around again.

Of course you coulda got a face full of perfume too.

Maybe you need a big set of whiskers like Shep has. I think you need to either grow whiskers or change your signature to read

Going to see the skunk!

Grubstake next time you see the skunk just go sit in the shade and dring a nice cool glass if iced tea and relax because the omen for the day has happened. Either that or kick him out of the way and see what he is trying to hide.......maybe he was hording the nuggets...Jerry

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

Good to hear you guys got out and found at least a nugget. Congrats to Shep! Looks like he is getting a lot of use out of that Coiltek 14-inch Round Mono. I'm telling you, that is one of the hottest searchcoils on the Planet.

Leaverite and I took our better halfs to Laughlin this weekend. We did a bit of gambling and Leaverite even done some metal detecting with the Minelab Excalibur along the Colorado River. He mentioned he found a few coils, but just too many people around.

Talk about hot, seems like 150 degrees along the Colorado River. I pretty much stayed indoors the entire time and played Roulette & Blackjack. :D

Take care,

Rob Allison

Well Shep showed up at my house this morning at 4:45 Am, we loaded his stuff in my truck, in 15 minutes we were hunting the patch, It was hotter than what they said it was going to be, He found a little nugget about 11 am, I got skunked, and almost REALLY got Skunked, I was detecting along, and jammed my coil into a bush, and there was a real skunk under the bush. But he just sat there, I poked him with my coil, he wouldn't move, Finally I left the bush for a minute, and then went back. He was gone. Lucky for me I guess he did not spray me. A hot but fun day anyway, Shep had to go home the long way, We had a bad fire up here, and they had the Hwy blocked off for several hours. Grubstake

It's always nice keeping the striped kitty off of ya......whether it's finding the yeller......or not getting sprayed....

At least if you got sprayed you could have said, "I got skunked" and meant it literally and figuratively.

I just plain got skunked again.....found two rattle snakes minus gold.

Maybe I will get back out during the week if grumpy comes out to play

Rob, too bad you didn't hit the JACKPOT up there, you prob. had a better time in the airconditioning than we did out at the patch, Tomarrow I go in for My C-Scope Turp deal. not looking forward to it for sure. Grubstake

Oh my, you saw the skunk! That would not be a good thing, but it was nice that he didn't spray anyone. I guess he was a house broken skunk :rolleyes: used to tagging along with prospectors.

Rex

I will Rob, thanks, its at 1:30 tomarrow afternoon, any volinteers to take my place? :P:P Grubstake

Not Me!!!!! :blink:

Good luck tomorrow and I will say a prayer for you!

My wife a glance at the photo of the nugget on the coil and thought she saw cleavage along with the nugget. I got my coil out and showed her the illusion that the camera angle presented. It does look like a nugget sittin' on a nice rack with a little glitter! Might have to go down to the nudie bar for a beer! :blink: NOT!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Not Me!!!!! :blink:

Good luck tomorrow and I will say a prayer for you!

My wife a glance at the photo of the nugget on the coil and thought she saw cleavage along with the nugget. I got my coil out and showed her the illusion that the camera angle presented. It does look like a nugget sittin' on a nice rack with a little glitter! Might have to go down to the nudie bar for a beer! :blink: NOT!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Nope that's a nice rack.........Please dont kill my fantasy....nuggets, boobs......it's all good :D

CAPTGRUMPY, I'd sure like a bit of what ever yer wife is sipping, cleavage??????

Looks a bit flat chested to me, but if she had a prospector tatoo'd there; she must have a good heart! :rolleyes:

Shep